SVA-88 vs. Flare VE6

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by DrunkWarthog, Aug 31, 2015.

1. DrunkWarthog

I've been doing a lot of research on these, and I feel like they compensate for whatever weakness they have against the other (especially with extended mags and soft point on the Flare, and slapping a laser sight and a compensator on the SVA-88), which is making it a pretty hard choice, as well as there being plenty of talk about both of them being awesome guns.

I'm new to the HA class (usually LA) and want to be able to fight outside at medium-long ranges, like while outside trying to capture and hold bases and attack Sunderers (out there with their cargo in tow as well) and such, but since I end up going inside a lot due to the nature of capturing bases I end up getting a lot of CQC in too, consequentially, and wanted to hear some opinions about which one was superior for this range.

Thanks!
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

IMO, Flare is much more of a harder hitting Orion without 0.75 ADS but instead SPA.

The SVA-88 is a bit better at range however because it's base recoil stats are horrible (mostly because it's a 0.75 ADS weapon) I would strongly advise against using HVA on it. It starts with a really good base velocity though so it's also not really needed.
  3. DrunkWarthog

Thanks! I'm going to pick up the SVA, it sounds like it's going to be the best all arounder for medium and close range once I get used to the recoil pattern.