Sundy Spawn Bug (included video and explanation) (3:25 video)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NotziMad, Apr 12, 2020.

1. NotziMad

Right, well I spent a lot of time setting this one up. (I won't go into the details but I don't mean only to capture, edit, and export the video).

So I really hope someone reads it / sees it at one point lol.

Background ;

There's all kinds of sundy related bugs that have been lurking around for a while now, some I've reported as I'm doing now, with a video, none that I know of has been fixed.

I guess it's not that bad because most of those bugs don't happen that often, and though they are annoying as hell, they aren't exactly game breaking either. (for example ; you deploy the sundy, get out, only to find yourself falling for ever under ground).

I've been playing this game since 2013, on and off (if you're checking my profile, this isn't my original account), and for pretty much the whole time I've used sundies every single time I play. I hardly ever go anywhere without a sundy or without spawning one. So I know sundies, I have a lot of experience with sundies.

And this, what I'm about to show you in the video bellow, is something that I've never ever seen happen before.

What I have seen happen a few times, is that a sundy, once deployed, for whatever reason, won't let me or anyone else spawn at it. But in this case, you will see that sometimes I am able to spawn and sometimes I'm not.

Disclaimer :

It's a lot more work than people imagine to make and upload a video, it can be simple and quick, but it usually is a lot more time consuming than most people imagine. So instead of editing the movie and inserting text for the view to read as he or she watched the video, I'm just gona write that stuff here, to save time.

What's going on in the video :

1. I arrive at enemy base, deploy sundy, start capping.

(fast forward)

2. I fight enemy sundy, destroy it, but the driver kills me

(still fast forward)

3. Map screen opens and I can not spawn at my sundy.
    3a. if you pause the video, you'll notice the sundy is there on the screen, with a orange colour, but not green option

4. Normally, when I die, I'm in a rush to spawn again, so I spam the deploy button. This usually works because normally, the closest spawn is automatically selected.

5. This time I spawn at the previous base, I immediately re-deploy in the hope of being able to spawn at my sundy, but I'm thinking the sundy is bugged and no one can spawn at it, so what I'm planning is to pull a new one and try again.

6. That's what I do, except on the way to the base, I get attacked by a Liberator (and another sundy).

(fast forward)

7. I die, but when the map screen appears, I realise that I can spawn at my older sundy after all. Even though I'm outside of that base's frontier (maybe the 200 meter rule? I still have no idea how spawn works tbh).

8. So I spawn at the sundy. (that isn't unusual, if you spawn a vehicle while you own a vehicle, you can get into the first one and control it although it will only become yours again if the second one is destroyed.
    8a. The thing is, in these cases, there's a timer (I don't know exactly how long it is, maybe 60 seconds or a bit more), you've got to jump in before it runs out and when it does, the first vehicle dissapears. So I immediately jump inside it and "regain ownership".

9. I start capping again.

(fast forward)

10. I redeploy.
    10a. The reason I redeploy is because it's faster for me to redeploy into my sundy than it is to walk back there.

11. Once again, I can't spawn at my sundy!

12. I spawn at previous base, only this time, knowing that my sundy is there, I decide to run the journey. I set up a waypoint at the frontier of the two regions so that I know when I can safely re-deploy into it.

(fast forward)

13. Just as I enter the region, the vehicle symbol appears on the horizon in front of me. This indicates (since as you can see the icons on the right aren't there) that it still exists, and that I am still its owner. So I re-deploy.

14. And this time, I can spawn at the sundy!

15. "Awesome" I think to myself, it was just a bug, it's working now, so off I go and cap the base.

(fast forward)

16. As I always do when it's handy, I start redeploying once the A point is 25% (or so) capped, so that I deploy in my sundy as soon as it is capped.

17. And once again ... I can't spawn at my sundy!

I'm thinking "what the hell?????". Sad Final Fantasy (beautyful :p) music plays, and so I decide to make a video and report it :)

________________________________________________________________________________________

• Up x 2
  2. NotziMad

I'm not intentionally bumping this thread (though I admit, I don't mind that :p), but this has happened to me again.

When I made that video, it was the first time I ever experienced that. Since, it's happened twice. I thought it would be worth mentioning..
  3. Srazor

I did similar stuff like you did in that vid as well :) I've since changed my habits for redeploying.

1) Note: stop using that green deploy button so quickly.
    2) Make sure most spawns are loaded in; the wait for this is longer if your faction has pop advantage at a location.
    3)Click on your sundy. You can either double click to spawn there, or just click on it and make sure its selected, then press that green deploy button.

If this doesn't help you, then maybe you are experiencing a bug.
    • Up x 1
  4. NotziMad

It's 100% a bug (not maybe) :p
  5. NotziMad

update :

It would seem that this bug happens only at that location.

I haven't been able to reproduce it systematically, but I have encountered again since, and it's always been in the same position.

Which means Rogue Games will probably never fix it, cause not only does it only affect sunderers, but they have to be in that position, and on top of that, it doesn't always happen ..
  6. FunkFest

You were out popped by twice as many players as an attacker, and I believe the spawn system tries to not let players spawn at a base when they are severely over popped unless defending.

It seems as though it gets a little exaggerated in a 1-12 vs 1-12.

If you were to wait up to 30-45 seconds I would be surprised if your sundy didn't become available as a spawn. For some reason the spawn system only does the over pop prevention for about 30-45 seconds. An exception being a base with severe over pop of friendlies might not always get the spawn option if you wait.

I am not saying it is perfect or a good design, but I believe it is working within it's set parameters. It does an ok job at keeping players from spawning into over pop and preventing players from over popping just by spawning, doesn't prevent logistics over pop though.

It can be FRUSTRATING dealing with it at times in it's current form.

No matter how it gets adjusted, there will always be a decent portion of the player base that thinks it should be set up differently.
  7. NotziMad

No that's not it at all, it's why I provided the video, to prove what I say.

When there is the balance timer, the sundy icon is replaced with a green one, but it is faded until the timer runs out, and once the timer reaches zero, it becomes bright green.

You can check on the videos, when In re-deploy (not just when I'm capping) the sundy is orange (and there is no timer)

edit -> not to mention that the second time, the base was 100% NC at the time I re-deployed anyway.