Sundy Placement

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DQCraze, Jan 28, 2015.

1. DQCraze

[IMG][/IMG]

I feel this needs to be looked into as its getting ridiculous anymore to attack something while having a direct spawn on point.
  2. FateJH

Image is broken.

In an earlier part of the game, either the enemy or allies could place an S-AMS directly on the capture point if they could get the Sunderer there. Deploying a Sunderer under the Tech Plant point or in Amp Stations (then, only coming with one capture point), was an important part of defending it or capturing it. As far as defenders were concerned, it was basically the players telling SOE that they hated their base spawn options. SOE later introduced the no-deploy zone and it affected all S-AMS units; and, later, they permitted ally S-AMS deployment in the no-deploy zone.

Edit: I'm going to assume your image is of the Heyoka Armory capture point.
  3. JudgeNu

I always use the preview button to make sure everything is hunky dori.
  4. DQCraze

Cant get it to work but this image is a sundy directly on A point not under it at the tech plant.
  5. FateJH

Oh, I've spawned on one of those before.
    SOE also tried to block that at one point by adjusting the dimensions of the stairs, though apparently, there is still room for improvement.
  6. Wafflepancake

FTFY
    [IMG]

with the site you used gotta use the rawimage link instead of the website that has the picture on it :p
  7. IvanCGray

I know how to do this; not particularly difficult. Not gamebreaking to fight against though, either.
  8. DQCraze

If this is intended gameplay why dont the devs just make a path to put one there. The overpop it takes to get rid of a shield sundy when facing a few organized oufits is game breaking. It caused a 70%/ 30% imbalance to take the point.
  9. IvanCGray

Then you need to be a bit more creative and organized in taking it out; Try the balcony? Light Assaults over the railings? AV 'nade spam?

Gameplay doesn't have to be intended to be okay. Quirks are fun; Where do you think rocket-jumping came from? Skiing in Tribes? Crouch-sliding and SR40 in Quake? These all started out as unintended use of game mechanics and grew to be more. It's a pain in the *** to get a Sunderer up there; applaud the driver.