Sundy guard duty lols

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AxiomInsanity87, Mar 11, 2016.

1. AxiomInsanity87

Enjoy.
    • Up x 4
  2. Demigan

Just the fact that you can place the mines right in-your-face in the opening of the doorway shows how little situational awareness you can have on a console FPS.
    I still have trouble with the fact that there are FPS's specifically build for consoles, or even ported to them. Consoles are for adventure play, racing games, flight games and the like, that's where consoles and their controllers can either compete or even excell. FPS games? No way.
  3. AxiomInsanity87

Depends.

I prefer games like planetside 2 on console and games like Arma 3 on pc.

There's also no implants on ps4 yet.
  4. Liewec123

it can be great fun defending a sundy sometimes, and also rewarding! :)
    if you like to play engi alot (which it seems you might from this vid) you should try using spitfire turret,
    they're great for sundy defence :D
    • Up x 1
  5. AxiomInsanity87

6. FateJH

Cripes that's a lot of tank mines.
    • Up x 3
  7. AxiomInsanity87

To be fair, he was the only guy really trying hard. The rest of the vs ended up behind the spawn shield to save their k/d as it was MLG o'clock lol ;)
  8. Ryme_Intrinseca

So every single PS4 thread comes with the obligatory system war derail now does it?
    • Up x 2
  9. Demigan

Only if it shows massive gameplay shortcomings.
  10. UberNoob1337101

Hah, plebs never learn... Repeating the same attack over again, expecting the result to change even though you kept shutting him down every single time.

Nice video btw.
  11. AxiomInsanity87

Because running potato graphics with a lot of stuff turned of in the files to be as competitive as possible is amazing......

Gotta love that barren wasteland look.
    • Up x 1
  12. AxiomInsanity87

If people want to talk about games like Arma 3, star citizen and other epic games, then yeah "pc master race" indeed.

Planetside 2's graphic and file edits FAVOUR running a crappy looking game for advantages

Planetside 2 is not a pc master race game, despite how amazing it is.
  13. Demigan

Most games do not offer that kind of advantage, because most games aren't PS2. It's beyond ridiculous that the developers have let something slide where players can actively deactivate an entire game mechanic for one class in the .ini files, it would be like being able to be completely safe from concussion/EMP/sticky grenades
  14. Ryme_Intrinseca

The only massive gameplay shortcoming is the fact you think those Claymores are "right in-your-face in the opening of the doorway". The enemy generally come at right angles to that structure so the mines are obscured from view until it's too late. We don't have wallhacks on PS4 you see - another one of our "massive gameplay shortcomings" ;)
    • Up x 2
  15. Idroveavan

Did your sundy have mine guard? Strange he put that many but I would of kept running in the same.
  16. AxiomInsanity87

People just run into them at 140 ish fps on pc and there's implants.

That's about it lol.
    • Up x 1
  17. Azawarau

Sundy defense is one of my favorite roles
  18. Reclaimer77

All I know is I'm seeing WAY too many PS4 players sigs boasting a 4+ KPD. Either the average console player is terrible (way more terrible than our terrible), or they are using a different input device than the thumbsticks to gain a massive competitive advantage over the other players. Probably a combination of both.

If you could pull that off in the PC version, you would be in the top 0.5% percentile. No offense, I doubt most of you are THAT good at FPS twitch gameplay and tactics.

I had to make sure something wasn't wrong with my browser when I clicked on this video. It's like watching some bizarre slow motion version of this game. And no, I'm not talking about the obvious slowed down parts, I mean the PS4 gameplay in general.
  19. AxiomInsanity87

Planetside 2 is a brand new thing to console players so the skill disparity is much wider. Some are total scabs and use M&K for sure but loads got banned....apparently. Some are pc vets who abuse the absolute crap out of people.....

Yeah the fps is less but it's a much more even playing field. Don't pretend that skill is locked to one platform, the farming is just as ridiculous on pc as ps4 as well.

That's unless you are one of the people of which get farmed.
  20. Demigan

You come at a right angle, but on PC players anticipate on a mine there and check because they come at a right angle. So the only way to really place mines on PC is right around the corner, this forces players to choose between looking around for enemies or looking at the corners for a mine.
    Why on earth would a wallhack come into that? Also, considering that using a mouse and keyboard are already thought off as cheats, who the hell needs a wallhack on a console?