Sunderers overdue for a overhaul

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, May 14, 2023.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Sunderers are long overdue for a overhaul. It was the least popular vehicle in Planetside 1. Still is, but a cheap promotion by the PS2 developers solution was to give it AMS capabilities and cut corners. I can't stand driving them and feel like a bus driver. They off road like hell, are not streamlined, don't feel futuristic at all and full of blind spots to the sides and up close.

Sorry but the original AMS was better in PS1 and that was with no offensive capabilities but it at least drove better and had a smaller cloaking bubble that was harder to spot and you could lay down 20 mines and enough combat or advanced combat engineer stuff to reduce the camping.

Sunderers in there present state are a campers wet dream. To easy to spot, to easy to destroy and not a single fun factor when using it, my best analogy, a grueling vehicle to drive.
    • Up x 3
  2. AuricStarSand

True. I was just writing about new land vehicles. However none of my ideas for new land vehicles are meant to replace sunderer's double av machine guns.

They are mostly jeeps, hummers, & trucks for troop transport or for a harasser variant.

So battle sundy for double machine av guns is still warranted. & yes the driving of them is lame.
    As mentioned many months ago, Blockade armour isn't useful for battle bus, since battle bus is always mobile and the machine guns handle infantry just fine. Meaning c4 resistance isn't required. So blockade is mostly for sniper tanks or parked sundy's & a battle bus is neither.

The extra hp of blockade armour isn't enough to defend against sniper tanks. The turning of Sunderers is bad & sunderer is so slow you have to user racer performance slot every time. Sunderer lacks hill climbing and nobody is gonna lose racer to equip a hill climb spec.

Sunderer has to be fast enough to juke enemy tanks following you at least 20% of the time & so far you juke enemy tanks following you 0% of the time. They just shoot your rear, ez dead.

I'd also fancy more support modes for sunderer that support infantry, other than just " repair system " & " vehicle ammo " so more support roles for sunderer. Support bubble shields for infantry, a sunderer that deploys into a roadblock wall, a sunderer that heals nearby infantry, a sunderer that is able to build mini rampart walls similar to a few ant abilities without needing a silo nearby that have zero no build zones for, a sunderer with a extra terminal to give everyone free x10 uses of caltrops, canopy items, & other merits items.

As for battle bus defense slot, would have to have +15% move speed, +1,500 hp, better turn speed without having to switch out of racer spec, or else why battle bus at all, & 20% higher bump into other vehicles dmg with front of bus shovel.

I'd be fine if Sunderer only gets speed and hp bonuses when on the move, so that repair sundy following them isn't so op, since the repair sundy won't be able to catch the battle bus's speed. Personally I'm not sure if +500 extra hp and 15% more move speed is enough to duel sniper tanks. I'd rather have some active ability smoke launcher that mortors a massive smoke grenade half a mile in front of you or behind you. & you get to control how far front of behind you launch the 30 second ability smoke mortar.

also get rid of Rival performance slot for sundy's, since racer is mandatory, and replace rival with something else.
  3. OSruinedPS1

I stopped driving sundies in PS1 cause I got tired of my sundies being OS'ed 30 seconds after deploying it. At least with PS2 my sundies last longer.