[Vehicle] Sunderers and their placement

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Juunro, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Juunro

Ok, we've all been there. The friendly AMS deployed directly on top of an otherwise vehicle inaccessable base section, inside a building. Half the bases on Hossin let you do this. Tech plants let you do this. Amp stations used to let you do this. Heck, I've seen people using Galaxies to carefully nudge one inside a friggan biolab.

Let's be honest though: parking two duel-fury Sunderers, one with deploy shield the other with ammo gen, directly on the 2nd floor of a tech plant makes it almost entirely impossible to dislodge the defenders. More and more, this is happening. You need to fix these bases so it is no longer possible. It is fun for the defenders, but it makes it terribly unfun for attackers.
  2. Pikachu

Sunderer in biolab, do you play on Cobalt? :D
  3. MahouFairy

Hard work and creativity always pays off. Now you want to nerf them as well?

Why don't YOU come out with your own methods as well?
  4. Juunro

I get Harassers in all kinds of wacky places all the time man.

Let me pose you a question: You find a place that, when leave a vehicle just right places you inside a rock. You can shoot out of that rock; you jump on Engineer and render yourself entirely invulnerable to enemy fire while letting you kill or fire upon anyone or anything that comes close. It was certainly creative, experimenting with terrain until you found that spot, testing the games engine to its limits and seeing where it breaks, but isn't it still exploiting something unintended for an advantage?

The other day on Emerald, we NC got four of the things into the 2nd level of Tawrich tech plant; 2 deploy shields, 1 ammo, one auto-repair. I got Canister Harasser with full rank prox radar up there as well. Our group of about thirty people held off 3 times our number of VS for three hours. We forced some of the very best players in the game to give up and go home. People who I am not afraid to admit in a fair fight would kick my head in.

Is that reasonable in your mind?
  5. MahouFairy

This is bug exploiting, or glitching. It's different from pushing a sunderer into a walled base by the means of stacking multiple other vehicles to use them as a ramp in order to perform this feat. Or using a galaxy to push a sunderer or prowler on the landing pad of a biolab. Because these are works of creativity. No glitching involved. A deployed sunderer on a landing pad can still be destroyed. It isn't invulnerable.