[BUG] Sunderer exploitation NEEDS to stop.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ikillyou1990, Apr 14, 2015.

1. ikillyou1990

This is a blatant exploit in tech plants. Sunderers are NOT meant to be able to get up to A point. This exploit ruins the fight for both the attackers and defenders. It makes it impossible for attackers to take the tech plant, and turns the entire fight into a never ending farm. Worse than bio labs. Cowards use this exploit.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. DrPapaPenguin

How is this an exploit? If they managed to drive a sundy up there then kudos to them, as long as no glitching was involved then all's fair in love andwar .
    • Up x 11
  3. 00000000000000000000

Only saw it once. Thought it was kinda funny.

They are still killable, just need some organized C4 Fairies
    • Up x 1
  4. Devrailis

It's not unstoppable. I've seen sundy camping on that spot broken easily by an organized squad gal dropping AV MAXes and Heavies onto the balcony.

There have been very very few strategies in this game that are so broken that they cannot be countered with some coordination and team work. The question is, why wasn't there any coordination from the opposition to take the sundy down? Let me guess, everyone was too busy getting farmed trying to run through the front door?
    • Up x 1
  5. Ballto21

• Up x 4
  6. EarlofSunderer

[IMG]

NC sunderer driver bravely fights his way up the stairs, for FREEDOM!
    It took me a while to get it up here, try it if you haven't yet.

The wheels give excellent cover if you're below the sunderer.
    • Up x 2
  7. Mythologicus

At least this one is in an area that has multiple entrances.

Park a Sunderer in a Construction Site on Hossin and it's game over.
  8. Klypto

[IMG]
    • Up x 11
  9. Peebuddy

It's actually very easy to get up there, the trick is to back up those stairs.

But honestly if you ask me it's where they should be spawning from the beginning. This building on the outskirts of town thing is absolute ********.
    • Up x 4
  10. CursoryRaptor

This is a game that tends to reward ingenuity and lateral thinking. If you are not okay with this, this is not your game.
    • Up x 4
  11. Foxirus

• Up x 1
  12. Liewec123

i'd stick a medic shield bubble under it too, for ultimate salt extraction. :)
    (for those who don't know the shield bubble constantly repairs the sunderers shield)
    • Up x 4
  13. maxkeiser

Agree. This is a sandbox game. Ingenuity of this sort should be encouraged.

People need to stop trying to impose daft rules the whole time. That's how we ended up with the abomination that is Lattice.
    • Up x 2
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

i once got a magrider with ppa up there. how would you call that?
  15. Kristan

gaaa... oh, I'm sorry... vaaaanu
    • Up x 1
  16. ronjahn

This isn't a [bug]

DGC(SOE at the time) has already stated that if a vehicle can get to a spot, then it's perfectly fine to be there.

So there's no exploiting and there's no bug. /end thread
    • Up x 3
  17. Hatesphere

doesn't mean its not poor sportsmanship to drive a sunder into a place like that. its the same as people in counterstrike who pixel boost. not technically cheating, but not fun.
  18. Takara

I got plenty of hate tells when I got my PPA/PC mag up on the platform of a biolab on Indar <3 OH the NC were soooo angry...soooooo angry. I had a good time of it.
    • Up x 1
  19. HAXTIME

It's beautiful when this happens. The meat grinder it invokes is glorious.
    • Up x 3
  20. Call-Me-Kenneth

no, its not ok. yes you can call a cab at the start of a marathon and drive all the way to the end. you CAN DO IT, but its against the spirit of the competition. there's NO rule on marathons that forbids taking a cab to the end, yet only a complete moron would do so, and get surprised if he gets disqualified at the end.

and having that idiot ask for the marathon organizers to show him in the rulebook the specific rule that forbids what hes done, is the apex of idiocy.

it goes beyond stupidity, it reveals a complete lack of social skills. you are supposed to have the basic social competence to understand that there's a spirit to the law, and the rules, and going against that spirit is actually worse than breaking the rule or the law.

so please, stop being moronic and accept that this is not ok, its not "clever use of game mechanics", and, above all... its not fun.
    • Up x 2