[Vehicle] Sunderer Cloak Review

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prodavit, Jul 26, 2015.

1. prodavit

This post is a review, I'm going to talk about Sunderer's cloak gerator upgrade for the sunde. I would like to admit that I'm very tried from grinding for the cloak sunde on no membership or any kind of booster. after grinding like a mother ****** I am very disappointed at this upgrade. Don't get me wrong this would be a good upgrade if it didn't take over 2300 certs to get it. considering that getting level 2 sheid sunde take less than 500 and you get the max heath on your shield.

Let's talk about pro and cons. the cloak sunderer generate clock field that will cloak anyone in a certain radius. the cloak takes 5 secs to take effect after anyone decloak it. the sunde does not need an inflortator diving it, but will only be cloak when deploy. anykind of damage to the sunderer will decloak it for 5 secs (archer is nice for this). the cloak sunde can take less hit than regualr sunde I notice and have no means of protecting it self when driving other than the two guns. anykind of repair will decloak the sunde (even when heath is full) for a sec. if anyone jump in the guns and start shooting it will decloak the sunde which makes it better to lock it. anykind of deployable will not be cloak.

In my experience of testing the sunde out for around 2 hours after getting it, that it's not good in huge fight, the number of idot shooting out and reviealing the sunde is too much, making it a play ground for light assut with C4 or anyone with a tank. did I metion this sunderer have less health? the best use for this sunde is behide enermy lines or if you can control everyone telling them not to shoot untill they get far enough from the sunde.

I did have a lot of fun with this upgrade but grinding like a mad man trying to earn 2330 certs is the biggest down fall. could you use those certs and put it into something better? yes!! I feel that members are going to have less problem getting this because of their booster and their access to double certs weekend. For us non-member take it from me and put the cert into something else, you'll have less of a head ache from it.
    • Up x 1
  2. prodavit

I wish this sunde come with an option of not letting anyone but you or your squad mates spawn in it. lol
    • Up x 1
  3. WetPatch

They are good for about 5 mins until you find where the stream of enemies are coming from, then it's dead.
  4. prodavit

I found this awesome review that pretty much sum up what I was trying to say
  5. Demigan

It takes just as much damage as an ordinary, unupgraded Sunderer. The decloak when repairing is a bug, as the Sunderer often stays cloaked while you decloak. Sometimes you the engineer cloak and decloak constantly, making repairs almost impossible. This is ofcourse a bug and when ironed out your Sunderer will stay nice and cloaked during repairs.

If you need to lock the Sunderer to prevent people to use the guns, you placed it in a wrong area. When someone can use the guns effectively in a cloak Sunderer it should be because it's about to be discovered.

You mentioned the less health but that's all in your head. You feel it's got less armor and health, probably because you have had a shield Sunderer or Blockade Sunderer for so long that you don't know how an unarmored Sunderer feels.
    Also, this thing thrives in big battles. You just need to know how to place it. No matter how good the stealth is, even if it makes the Sunderer and stealth bubble 100% invisible, if there's too many players spawning the enemy only needs to follow the stream of infantry to find it. So you place it farther away. It's an ideal backup-Sunderer, place it and forget it safely. It's an even better flank-Sunderer. You place it somewhere where the gross of players do not think about spawning there, usually just creating a 10 second longer walk is enough to prevent that because the gross of players just want to go ahead and shoot stuff. From there you can snipe, hack terminals to attack them with heavy tanks from behind and use Heavies or LA's to get into position and kill tons of people and tanks from a flanking position. The only thing you need, the only thing, is a little bit more time, and you can be easily twice as effective as the gross of players in this way.

The Cert cost is it's only real problem, it should be lowered.
    • Up x 1
  6. prodavit

After play testing this whole upgrade more. I found that even thought the sunde is harder to see, but not completely invisable, it's a flash wrath. so with the amount of people pooring out of one area it is not hard to find it. this sunde is so frastile and easy to distory. the only place you can put this sunde is hidden away somewhere that's hard to see but if that the case you can just hide a non cloak one. I feel that having a level 2 shield sunde is way better since it cost only 250 cert or less. Don't get me wrong the cloak sunde is not bad and hard to find and make it so the sunde can't be tag if discover. It's really nice to be able to hide the sunde in a non populated area but if anyone jump on the gun or if people start spwaning at your sunde like crazy then the sunde become way more useless. I wish there's a way to lock the sunde so the only one that can spawn in it are you and your squard/platoon. This upgrade is a fun toy but I find that it's worst than the shield sunde. not to metion that it takes over 2300 certs to get