Sunderer Buoyancy Check - Partial Success

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DrakonMacar, Oct 1, 2022.

1. DrakonMacar

As indicated in the video (Disregard audio due to Discord chatter leaking over. My microphone is being picked up but my outfit members sure are.), the Sunderer deploy lock-down effect does not synergize with the timing of the Gate Shield Diffuser. The result is a Sunderer floating up from the sea floor and then locking down at some distance. This occurs with Stealth, Deploy Shield, and Ammo/Repair options, as well as Composite Armor.

Lowkey though, kinda hope that doesn't get patched but accept the reality that it must.
  2. Amador

Probably could be resolved by simply having the Sunderer immediately enter a static state upon initial deployment, rather than having it wait several seconds for the animation to complete before the static state takes effect.

After a second thought...

... This suggestion might also fix the bug where players deploy a Sunderer in the midst of being Orbital Striked, which causes the Sunderer to deploy mid air and "freeze" 20 meters above the ground as it was getting caught in the OS knockback.

If the suggestion works, I am openly accepting Daybreak cash applied to my account as compensation. ;)