Summery of the previous few months: better or worse?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codex561, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Codex561

I left PS2 a few months back right before a bunch of major changes.
    So my question to you is, if you summarize the changes of the last 6 months - did it improve or get worse?
  2. lawn gnome

i generally like the direction they are going. currently the game is undergoing (for lack of a better term) renovation, and as a result is a bit rough around the edges, but the changes i am seeing now and the changes i am hearing about in future patches give me lots of hope.

of course this thread will likely collect plenty of people who will just yell about how everything is horrible and how SOE is ruining the world, but you will just have to decide who to believe or test it out yourself.
  3. Tommyp2006

Game getting better, performance getting worse.
    • Up x 2
  4. minhalexus

Improve.

At least ghost capping is less probable now as compared to 6 months ago, with those server merges and continent locking.
  5. vanu123

I like it, for the first time ever tanks, maxs, vehicles, ESFs, grenades, etc. all match the cost instead of being insanely over priced.
  6. Alchemist44

7. Nogrim313

i quit back in may-ish, not long after teh liberator update, recently reinstalled to give it another shot, and check out the valk when it launched, frankly i wish i hadn't wasted the bandwidth. im waiting to see the extra stages of the resource system, but frankly its like its more of a beta than it did before.

there have been some really dumb changes (sundy shield, spiker, sundy cost), the hit detection is worse, fights just drag on for hours due to the overload of resources. directives have people operating as even less of a team than before.
  8. Goretzu

This is pretty much accurate.

Game play and game balance-wise it is getting better bit by bit (although not always in a one directional way, there's been some moves in the wrong direction that have then been corrected - liberator buffs for example).

Performance seems to be slipping though.

However with them now merging the PS4 and PC codes..... hopefully..... both performance issues and more general development should be addressed quicker once they are combined.
  9. andy_m

It got different.

I'm not trying to be flippant (as usual), I'm just saying that, from my point of view most of the changes just make things different, not better or worse.

For instance, they changed the range of headshot kills and brought in different tiers of sniper rifles. Some could argue this change made things better or worse. I just say to myself, "hey... that's different." I adapt to the new rules and get on with it.

As for performance issues, yes, I do have some issues in that department but I generally feel that, overall, it is no better or worse than it was when I joined the game nearly twelve months ago. Some aspects are better and some worse. There are so many angles to the performance problem (IMHO).