[Suggestion] suicide run need to end (give us a new tool)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by moriarrr-ceres, Jan 15, 2015.

1. moriarrr-ceres

The Light assault class should have another option than C4 for destroy vehicles. If you want a class to be attractive for team play, it should be , at least, alive.
    My suggestion give for this class 2 tools:
    -A timed bomb (you have to wait 60 sec to detonate, can destroy a sunderer, and can be removed by engineers)
    -A grenade launcher equipped with 6 AV grenades: useless against infantry, small splash damage, used to support heavy assaults or finish a vehicle in Short/medium range (the drop should forbid long range use)
  2. Iridar51

Sooo don't do suicide runs?.. Nobody's forcing you to kill yourself. Suicide run is either a cheap tactic or a planning mistake, but it's certainly not C4's problem.

Some people kill themselves with their own grenades, but it's not grenade's fault the guy can't throw for life.
  3. Reclaimer77

It's not suicide, it's high risk high reward.

I never regret dying if I've managed to take the vehicle out too. I LIVE for making those farm wagons go boom. If you can remove a vehicle from the field, you've done your team a solid.

p.s. Am I crazy or did they fix the C-4 not sticking to vehicles bug? Things went boom last night with more frequency :)
  4. The Red One

i agree with reclaimer suicide runs are hard to do but they are worth the trade if you succeed cause a tank is defenatly worth more than a infantry
  5. _itg

I don't get what people have against suicide attacks. I think they're incredibly thematic in a world where you're magically scientifically reincarnated almost instantly after you die. It's worth dying a dozen times to stop an assault dead in its tracks by blowing up the enemy spawn point.
  6. Kumaro

Suicide runs are tightly knit together with the senseless ease of spawning in this game. Until that spawn issue is balanced i sadly have to say that we will have to live with suicide runs of all kinds :/
  7. blzbug

The term "suicide run" makes it sound like there is no downside. "We respawn instantly, so suicide runs are a cheap tactic" Not true at all! Suicide runs can get hella expensive very fast. If you drop your C4 and are killed before you can detonate, your resources are pissed away. In a big battle, you can quickly find yourself with no C4 left to suicide with. Heck, even if you survive for 30 minutes and never suicide a single time, you can still C4 yourself into the resource poor-house.

Reclaimer said "high risk, high reward". Exactly right. The risk isn't your life, it is your resources. And the reward isn't removing an enemy vehicle, it is the delicious BOOM! :D
  8. Iridar51

Resources are meaningless, as they replenish for free over time. Fighting an opponent that doesn't expect to survive is much harder, that's why in real life suicide bombings are so scary, because most security measures are based on the premise that perpetrator does hope to live.

It's also why in middle ages soldiers were promised an eternal happiness in the afterlife as long as they fall in battle - so they won't be afraid to die, making them much deadlier. Maybe the soldier will die, but he will take the enemy with him.

But, in real life you do lose your life. In PS2 you get best of both worlds - suicide attack and almost instant return to the battle. Suicide C4 attacks are cheap and dishonorable, and not fun to deal with on the receiving end.

I still approve of them when they are used against AI MAXes and AI vehicles, because they are as cheap as that, and deserve whatever they get.
  9. repairtool6

Hmm not to sound condesending but ive never understood the 'suicide' part of C4.
    Why do you guys DIE delivering C4? It is not necesarry.

You guys know c4 is exempt from that redeploy-canceling rule? You can blow up stuff and it will not cancel redeploy.
    So hit redeploy a few seconds before your about to use it and when that tank/Max/whatever is dead the timer will count zero and you vanish.

Also: dont chase tanks on foot like a moron. Use a flash
  10. Takara

The game needs longer respawn timers.

In PS one the more often you died the longer your respawn timer got. It would hit an uppward max of course, generally around 35 seconds. But this gave players a more careful playstyle. It also ended up supporting lots of support and team play. People would resurrect others to keep em on the field to keep the assault up. Sometimes the push from the AMS was a long run..and waiting 35 seconds would be harsh.

Owning a biolab drastically reduced the respawn time on hard base locations (Large bases) That were connected to it by a lattice. Well AMS spawn times were always directly related to how quickly you die after spawning.

It was a useful system that made people less likely to throw themselves in suicide runs unless absolutely necessary.
    • Up x 1
  11. Leivve

You call it suicide, I call it punishing the bads.