Suggestions regarding QofL improvements.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Christonejazz, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Christonejazz

Good day/evening all you PSide2'ers!
    As I have recently attained BR 100, I have seen fit to retire from this monstrosity of a game.
    However, as I ultimately uninstall this game, please take a moment to read over my suggestions.

Let it be known; These are suggestions based on my personal experience, and may be subject to interpretation as-per the experiences of each individual.

That said, herein lie my Top Three Suggestion that may (or may not), be of respectable improvement to the Planetside 2 gaming franchise.

#1. Remove the "headshot multiplier" for (specifically) shielded infantrymen.
    -This is my foremost recommendation, and in-such, is a VERY volatile subject.
    I will not expound on the entire repercussions of this topic, but I will leave you with one particular observation;
    This may help in closing the skill gap between "skilled" and "bad" players.

#2. Create and implement a definitive difference in character models regarding "hip-firing" and "aiming down sights."
    -This rivaled my first suggestion for importance, but mechanically speaking, isn't necessarily as critical.
    The distinct LACK of such an "animation," though seemingly trivial, has proven (to me) to be evidential of a moderate disregard for the "smaller things in life," regarding corporate concerns/investments. This is disappointing, albeit not unexpected.
    In turn, the observable "benefits" to such an exclusive "graphic set" would aid both newer and older players in the estimation of their opponents, whilst also adding a form of "mind games" to this otherwise mostly bland FPS.

#3. Heavily consider "rebalancing" the empire-specific small arms, respectively, as appropriate to each factions "stronger features," as opposed to "the best and worst guns."
    -In my limited experiences, I have come to hear and learn that x particular infantry gun is "really just better than the other ones." This have proven to be consensus amongst multiple servers, outfits, and consumers, respectively.
    Where the original concept of infantry weapons seemed to adhere to the "faction-weapon-code," this concept died off as more and more weapons were revealed.
    It is reasonable to presume that "making more guns" becomes considerably more difficult to "balance" as more guns are implemented. This is natural, and expected. It appears that this concept was almost entirely disregarded as this game has expended.

An example of this would be the "populous consensus" of the "holy trinity" of each factions "best" weapon.
    Which in this case so happens to be the MSW-R(TR), the VS54 Orion/Bettlegeuse 54-A(VS), and the LA1 Anchor(NC).
    The distinguishing feature in these particular weapons is as much the "damage model," as also the "RPM."
    All three of the Light Machine Guns feature seven-hundred and fifty "RPM." For the Terrans, this is appropriate, as the observed "strong suit" of the TR is; "lots of dakka, very fast." This however, is utterly contradicting of the NC "weapon policy" of "big bullets, big guns," and the VS's "policy" of "precision, balance, and effectiveness."

However it is that one is to determine how to "balance" these weapons is a fairly controversial (though painfully neglected topic.)
    I don't want to expound on this topic much more other than to attempt to convey how I consider faction-specific themes would fit on these (and other similar) weapons.
    MSW-R; This precision killing machine boasts an appropriate killing speed, while also maintaining the "TR tradition" of moderate magazine sizes.
    My strongest suggestion for this weapon is either to move the "damage model" from 143 to 125.
    Otherwise, this gun in truth is very faction-considerate, and is very balanced considering such.

The "Actual GODSAW" LA1 Anchor; Considering the "holy trinity" of Light Machine Guns, this weapon is the furthest "out of balance," and equally as far in the "thematic" element.
    My suggestion for this weapon is to allow it to retain it's current damage model, albeit at the cost of "mag size" and a significant amount of "RPM." I would suggest reducing the magazine size from 50 to (roughly) 37, and the "RPM" from 600 to (roughly) 550.
    This does make it almost a mirror-match to many of it's NC LMG counter-parts, though not the best course of action, does bring it down to a more appropriately "thematically accurate" interpretation.

The "Best actual LMG" Orion (and it's directive equivalent the Bettlegeuse 54-A);
    There's much I could say about this weapon, as it has garnered it's own "infamous" reputation as being "the best weapon in it's class." Some would agree, some would disagree. The "infamy" of this weapon however, is not what is in question, but rather how to "rebalance" this weapon, toward the Vanu's "theme."
    My suggestion concerning the Orion/Bettlegeuse is to reduce the damage model from 143 to 125, while also reducing the "RPM" from 750 to (roughly) 600.
    The sheer RPM of these two weapons is acutely inaccurate to the VS's "theme" of "balance," and painfully invades the TR's "thematic space," in a term.

Honorable mentions;
    The NS-44 Commissioner, the NS-357 Underboss, and the NS-44l Blackhand.
    These three pistols in specific need to be touched up. Any player who's ever used "the Commie" will tell you hands down; "this is the best pistol in the game." As to whether it is or isn't is rarely considered, and less rarely addressed. I will attempt to do so.
    I would suggest "restructuring" these pistols (the Commissioner, the Underboss, and the Blackhand) as follows;
    Underboss; Max damage value from 375 to 450. Min damage value from 200 to 167.
    Blackhand; Max damage value from 450 to 350. Min damage value from 275 to 400.
    (Would also recommend tuning the 4x "scope" down to a 3.4x).
    Commissioner;

Without further-ado, goodbye Planetmans. May you shoot well, stay salty, and never truly find the balance this game so desperately needs.