Suggestions for Nanoweave, Adrenaline Pump, Snipers, the Darkstar and the Heavy Barrel

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by samcosmo |EGS|, Mar 20, 2022.

1. samcosmo |EGS|

Nanoweave
    As it currently stands, the change to Nanoweave will cause it to see no play. Getting hit by a sniper to the body just doesn't happen enough to warrant using your suit slot to defend against. My suggestion would be to give the player a shield gating effect: When you have Nanoweave equipped and at least 500 shields, damage taken will not carry over from shields to health. This would make it an effective defense against weapons that try and kill the player in one hit while making it substantially weaker than current options.

Adrenaline Pump
    This is one of the weakest suit slots and it would be good to make it a little more competitive. I don't think it would be overpowered if it simply made the player move 10% in all stances. That version of the suit slot would likely be competitve with the other options.

Snipers
    While we are looking at weapon attachments, could we get access to the 4x scopes on all the sniper rifles. Access to the lower magnification optics is enough to set the CQC bolt actions apart. Not having access to scopes with the lower scope in delay kills all of the semi-automatic snipers all by itself. It would also mean that those great CQC sniper players can use their directive weapons for there core gameplay.

The Darkstar
    The Darkstar and other directive assault rifles are good, and probably headed in a good direction, but could we please have the innate compensator and forward grip removed (if the cure grenade launcher isn't optional then that is problematic too). I know those attachments have been buffed, but the downsides that they come with are the exact opposite of what you want on a Combat Medic in most situations. Swapping weapons is critical to be able to pick your teammates up, and hipfire is very often necessary when you are surprised during a revive. A much better quirk for these guns would be access to the comfort grip.

The Heavy Barrel
    Although it has the promise of an interesting idea, in its current state, it may be the worst attachment in the game. Currently, the best stat that a weapon can have is a 0.75x ADS move speed multiplier. The Heavy Barrel is taking most weapons from a 0.5x ADS move speed to a 0.4x ADS move speed. I don't think we have seen a weapon with less than 0.5x ADS move speed, but this has got to be the worst stat for a weapon to have. But perhaps the benefit is worth it. Not in this case. Currently, releasing the trigger for a split second completely resets your COF bloom and costs you virtually no fire rate. This attachment is allowing you to fire 20% more bullets before a burst is required. At long ranges, your bursts tend to be 3 to 5 shots in which case this attachment is letting you fire one single extra bullet before bursting. In its current state, you couldn't pay me to equip this attachment.
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

The nanoweave could also resist any health damage as long as you have above 250 shield energy, rather than just when you have 500 shield. That way it still eats some damage potential against your health and its less of a niche item to pick. That said it would need a careful look at damage profiles, as a higher damage profile like NC's 200 would be more likely to have a TTK increase, which is a double problem due to their inherent lower ROF.

As for 0.75 ADS modifier. At some point many 0.75 ADS modifiers were removed to the simultaneous horror and joy of many, which "ruined" weapons. In reality every weapon which had been hit that I checked had less than a 5% drop in performance. Its not as important as people make it out to be.