[suggestion] to the population imbalance...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hellhammer, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Hellhammer

obviously there are a lot of threads with population imbalance for <insert faction name here> on <insert server name here> Thinking of a creative solution how to address the problem, I've come up with a sort of complicated solution, which I don't even know can be implemented.

My idea would be to have population locks for continents, say 5,000 per faction. but before people jump to, "we already have that", hear me out. Now I can't speak for the EU servers, but let's dwindle down the East and West servers to 2 each. Now, you designate your character for East server or West server, but you don't get to pick the name of it. Basically when you log in, the server gets filled up to it's max amount, then the overflow starts to get put on the 2nd server. If you want to play on the 1st server, there would be Q times, much like it is when specific continents get full right now.

Now the challenge to this would be people in outfits, because theoretically, you could get split up between the two. However, this idea also implies that at any given time, the game server has maximum (or close to) faction population. Another challenge might be coding for this, as I'm not a code-monkey.

I honestly can't think of another way to address the population imbalance issue, but if others would like to brainstorm, i'm sure SOE would appreciate it
  2. Hellhammer

/bump anyone?