(((SUGGESTION))) - SOE Clean up the Aimbotting Already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname6587, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Rayden78

Bad Lag on purpose is especially funny, when a guy runs flickering around a capture point, and you cant do anything, but as soon as you go it flips for him. Luckily he stood still for 2 seconds and i was able to shoot him.

People with such an abusive ping should be kicked instantly from server, without involvement of any gamemaster.
  2. Nasher

Not just aimbotting, but unlimited ammo and noclip cheats as well. It's like the game has no cheat protection what so ever...

The servers should be looking for people doing impossible things and auto kick/ban them.
  3. Tobax

Most of the people you point a finger at and call hackers are not, its a massively over blown issue and far too many people cry that they were killed by a hacker just because the guy was better, don't get me wrong I know some people do hack but nearly all are not.
    • Up x 1
  4. ChaosRender

I know of at least two aim bots still playing regularly on my sever one of them in the upper 60+ ranks. There are ways to tell a good player from a Aim bot. There are not a ton of them and most wont go out of there way to make it obvious so they are not to big of a problem.
  5. ChaosRender

6. CHDT65

Can someone explain me the pleasure to cheat ?
  7. p10k56

8. Nocturnal7x

In 300+ hours in this game ive seen maybe 5 script kiddies. 10 if i count all the people i suspect, but could have just gotten lucky. If you think there are hackers everywhere, you might suck....
    • Up x 3
  9. p10k56

We should see in player statistic number of headhits instead headshots.
    This will be much more precise in determining aimbot users:eek:
  10. cheesefry

i think it's hilarious when people like you believe a low br means they can't aim/shoot well. grow up. every time you and others like you send /report on everyone you feel shouldn't have been able to kill you, all you do is flood the system with BS reports.
    • Up x 1
  11. Devrailis

I've counted more than a dozen obvious script runners since I've started. These are the obvious ones, speedhacking, no-clipping, teleporting.

We had this one VS loser running no-clip and teleport hacks around the Crown. You could tell because as soon as we killed him (and the sad part is, we kept killing him despite his hacks), he would instantly teleport back to the top of the Crown after 20 seconds or so. No beacon (we sweeped the area and there was never a pod drop), no adjacent territory to come from, he would even teleport in as a MAX. Sad thing is, he had to keep teleporting back because in spite of all his hacks, he was just bad bad bad and died died died.

I did thank him for the certs after he rage-quite though. :rolleyes:
  12. MaximL

I've seen three, but problem is one ***** spoils game for hundreds people, and soe seems do nothing to prevent this.
  13. InMedeasRage

The no-clip thing is easy to spot and report.

Noticing the little things (insta-twitch shotgun action!) is a little harder, probably even for the devs. It was a lot easier in TF2 to spot, the cell shading made the gun/gun movements stand out more.

Also... think about it. You see the obvious, truly obvious no-clip trolls. How many people are just silently padding their stats? The stuff is available and getting more subtle monthly.
  14. Zephyr88

hackers paradise, sadly. Oh well there is always wow, lol.
  15. Badname6587

When is an anti-hack system coming to this game.

This should be priority #1. Too many of the same people out there abusing hacks and "subtle" hacks.
    • Up x 3
  16. vsae

Can we please know your ingame name?
  17. Earthman

I expect (and already see) internet tough guy "mad cuz bad" replies to the OP.

This crap was a lot less common when we had active and actively-announcing GMs on the servers. That alone would reduce this quite a bit.

And no, being smug and denying it happens doesn't make you seem any more MLGPROSKILLZ.
    • Up x 2
  18. Earthman

It's quite related to the pleasure some take in assuming everyone else's experience with hackers is just jealousy for superior players.

It may even involve the same people.
  19. Pootisman

Its not that hard in PS2 to clip into terrain/objects. Some examples:
    * Sometimes, when you deploy an ams sundi on a decline, players will spawn underground.
    * There are places with bugged terrain/objects that allow you to simply walk through it.
    * Some biolabs have holes in the wall which allow you to shoot at the defenders.
    Everything without hacks. I did not specifially search for this exploits, i just found them by accident while playing or because an enemy player was using them.
  20. ViXeN

I haven't seen an aimbotter in months on Waterson.
    • Up x 1