(((SUGGESTION))) - SOE Clean up the Aimbotting Already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname6587, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Badname6587

Title says it all - hacks are too easy to obtain and no one is working to clean it up.

Yes, the people that are using speed hacks and wallhacks are easily found if a monitor spots them, however the no recoil, no bulletspread, aimbot hackers (especially w/ liberators) are out there in full force. This is the central component to what is wrong with the game. You clean this up and tens of thousands of players will become that much more loyal. Until then, you keep driving away players who could help make this game that much better.
    • Up x 16
  2. Otleaz

SOE doesn't give a ****. If you start reporting hackers on their twitter, they will be a bit quicker. Twitter is where they go to get more suckers, and they don't want their suckers to find out about the hackers, do they?
    • Up x 1
  3. Brusilov [TR]

Sorry, how will these multiples of 10,000 players even know when the undetectable aim botters have been eradicated?

There are so many more ways to die, legitimately and instantly than no spread, no recoil HA's that I think if people are withholding their limits of loyalty, then it is only in minor part due to deaths by actual legitimate hackers.
  4. schwarzklang

Why wont they implement a server check for this.. if someone clip into terrain they get a serverkick. that would fix that.
    • Up x 3
  5. cheesefry

Every time I die, it's to no recoil, no bulletspread, aimbot hackers. Is that what I'm reading here?

Look, they exist and I run into cheaters like anyone else does, but it's not near the issue you claim it is. Every time you die, stop worrying about if it was a hacker. You most likely died to a better player, before I'd give weight to a hacker.
    • Up x 5
  6. Free Man

Thanks for the video.

I think now I know why some "good" players play engi for over 80 % :mad:.
  7. Scatterblak

There's no way to do all those collision checks server side. It has to happen on the client. What needs to happen is a CRC check on the client like a lot of other games have -- it won't stop them all, but it can make them a *lot* harder to implement. SOE has the added bonus of an integrated patcher, so it would be trivial to combine a CRC check with a new (and differently laid out) executable pretty often.

A lot of this type of behavior could be defeated with a client-side exec integrity check.
  8. Andy79

streaming the game from the gameservers to its players might be the only way to ever get rid of cheating

other upsides would be:
    less crashes and smooth performance since you only need a screen / internet and an input devices
    truly massive battles with destructable environment physics, ragdoll effects and extreme long viewrange

downsides:
    requires top internet with no cap
  9. Mrasap

This thread is both new and informative. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  10. Laraso

Because it is far too easy to do it by accident in the first place.
    • Up x 3
  11. {joer

PS2 is a hackers paradise. F2P + Client side everything.

This isn't going to change.
    • Up x 4
  12. Sinist

Yes but the other clients (the people he is shooting), should not allow themselves to be shot "through a floor". There should be code that objects to such a thing, even if it is to notify SOE that their client is detecting an anomaly.

Its the same way you can stop speedhacking. If my client see's someone moving at speeds that are beyond the game rules, it should auto notify the administrators. If speed > allowedspeed then send report to GM.

Its funny that the server sends us positions from players speedhacking. Its funny when we are all like "Hey does everyone see that Galaxy flying at Mach 2?" "Yeah we all see it". And the SOE server is none the wiser. Completely oblivious to blatant game breaking hacking going on even though it seems just a few lines of code could stop it server side.

The same could be done for these no clip hackers.

If player is outofbounds then report to GM since each client gets the positions of players around them, each client could act like in game police.

Sure its not that "easy" to implement that in code etc, and it may not be something all clients can handle or the server could handle on its own. I have a pretty good CPU and GPU and I bet my computer could handle the extra workload of constantly scanning the speed and position of things to make sure they are behaving correctly.

I would gladly sacrifice 5 FPS if it meant my client was helping ban these loser cheaters.
    • Up x 2
  13. LT_Latency

If hacking was easy to stop someone would have stopped it a long time ago.

The problem is lame people who are actually going out of their way to hurt the hobby they like just to troll people
  14. schwarzklang

Really? Since early Beta i clipped roughly 3-4 times into terrain. And how often did a noclipper ruined a biolab fight for me? At least 8 times since 2013.
    Instead of serverkick they could do suicide the guy after 5 seconds clipping. If the player clipps frequently he gets flagged, kicked/banned or watever. Better than letting him ruining other players experience for 1-3 days until ban.
  15. Phazaar

People are just better than you. No hackers killed me yesterday except the guy flying around in a Prowler at 400kph with 0 reload time.

^Make that your morning mantra and you'll be -so- much happier playing FPS.

I get killed by a hacker perhaps once a week. And even then it's doubtful. Once a fortnight I might see someone with an 'obvious hack' (flying disk of death style) who gets instabanned when a GM arrives. The rest of the time, I get a hacker accusation about 4-5 times a day. You're one of those people, I can tell.
  16. Laraso

That sounds more reasonable. I'm not talking explicitly about full terrain clipping. Partial clipping happens very, very often, and is unavoidable in many areas. I've gotten the corner of my Lightning stuck inside a rock before, which took an allied Sunderer to push me out of.

In the hills around the Crown, I've found it disturbingly easy to do a full clip through the terrain if you're playing as a MAX. Same thing in certain areas around the southeast Indar warpgate.
  17. p10k56

They will probably try to sell official aimbot rather make something to deal with it:eek::D:(
  18. Badname6587

The only way we will get an anti-hack system is if we demand it as a community. Please keep posting suggestions and demands that we get this on this great game. Its a shame it is not implemented yet. Too many people hack here because it is a "f2p" and SOE will not do anything to change unless it is pressured by its consumer base to do so. If you hate hacks, keep the threads going.
    • Up x 1
  19. Veri

Yesterday I encountered on Briggs:-
    One MBT flipping out all over the show which causes the opposition to get the flicker issue and game freeze.
    One invincible TR ESF.
    Two no-clip cheaters.

Today I come across one speed cheater.
    I bring up the mention of a speed cheater on chat but did not use his name so it could have been anyone.
    Next thing I know he's acting like a nub with the whole misspelled white gangsta wanna be text of "lrn2 Ply, ur Lag **** *****".
    Shortly after he logged off.

If I was lagging, everyone around me would be moving about at the same speed he was and judging by the way he was attacking people he knew he had the advantage to allow him to win.
    • Up x 2
  20. Badname6587

waterson is full of them. I hate complaining about anything, not my nature... however, the only way to make this game better is to start by fixing the hacking which wrecks the game balance. Then we can work on tweaking each faction respectively.
    • Up x 2