[Suggestion] Shield Recharging Field (Combat Medic)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeonSonic, Mar 2, 2018.

1. NeonSonic

How about making this built into the class like the engineers ammo resupply pack?

Why? Because its underused takes nano regen slot which is extremely useful especially with combat surgeon and doesn't offer much survivability over it since you cant heal as well. What do you guys think? Especially people that like the Combat Medic class?

Would make surviving as other classes easier since more people would be playing combat medic and the shield recharging is nice in defensive scenarios, especially since the combat medic would not have to give up their nano regen.

Thoughts?
  2. Prudentia

i'd already be ok if it was just a throwable like the ammopack. i've died so many times crouching around the floor for 2 minutes trying to find a spot where i could place it between 50 friendlies in a 2 by 2 meter area only to be shot in the head in the end.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jac70

I still don't know if these things are of any use. It doesn't appear to recharge the shield that much quicker and when you are anywhere near one you cannot see bugger all because of the glare :eek:
  4. sIcGER

I pretty much main medic, so I guess i can throw my thoughts in here ...

After that shield recharge buff, it seems that the shield regen tool is kind of UP, but you have to think about those stairways and such in buildings... HA is still the most used class and with a shield regen on and constantly healing with your heal tool, you help those guys in front of you to stay alive longer and therefore shoot at enemies longer...

Imo - i don't think it is a good idea to make the regen tool passive, because you have to choose - do I focus to be a medic... use shield tool - do you focus on the 'combat' role of a 'combat - medic' to kill targets (with the option to revive ppl), use self heal
  5. NeonSonic

Yes but thats what I hate its a minor issue that should just be built into the combat medic class like the engineers ammo pack - in other words the shield regen should be the combat medics version of the engineers ammo pack it should come with the class to help with keeping people alive.

tbh its underused and underpowered as it currently is - you give up healing AoE and yourself for a slow shield regen when shields already regen quickly.

If this was auto put into the class like engie ammo pack it would help with combat medic / team survivability and would make more people play the class imo as it is most people play heavy, engie light assault infil max combat medic in that order it seems. this would help the class and make more people play the class by ALOT.
  6. MuggieWara

My only suggestion to the devs about this(and the engies ammo pack) is to make it immune to friendly fire.

For OBVIOUS reasons...
    • Up x 1
  7. FateJH

Which obvious reasons?
  8. MuggieWara

Many "friendly" medics shoot them to place their own...:mad: