[Suggestion] Rampart Projector separate shield health from tank health

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 4EMODAN, Oct 12, 2020.

1. 4EMODAN

1. separate shield health from tank health.
    This shield is completely useless in tank battles, it is a huge target that catches all the damage in itself. I propose to give this shield your own separate health in the range of 1000 hp or even less. Sorry, I don't speak English well.
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

That is why you shouldn't use it in tank battles!
    It's a strategic tool that works VERY well when used in the correct scenarios,
    And I'm actually happy that it is joined with the tank health because it means that me and others (including repair sundies)
    can keep it up, if they changed it to be a measly 1000 or even 2000 that can't be repaired then it would ruin it.

I've given examples in the past of how I like to use the shield, so rather than typing it all again i'll link to one of those!
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

Can you prove it's the weakest? The calculations have been done to death by Campagne and sometimes by myself, and the Prowler is in no way the worst tank. Quite the opposite actually, scoring very well in vehicles and infantry killed per life.
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

we're talking about Prowler, not vanguard.

but essentially what you're asking for is something like Old Vanguard Shield,
    something to just be used mindlessly in tank fights which puts up a shield for 2 or 3 thousand health
    which needs to be eaten through before the tank can be damaged.

if we stuck that on prowler it would be disgustingly OP in tank fights,

but at the same time it would suck for what the rampart shield is currently good at, being a big meaty shield.

so you'd simultaneously be making prowlers OP, and destroying one of the most unique things in the game.

just TRY using rampart shield with a bit of thought, try covering a repair sunderer,
    you'll see how effective it can be.

VS and NC usually have a sunder out in the open at indar Comm Array,
    but TR can can set up a meaty shield that will take a hell of a lot of punishment to bring down.
    [IMG]
    c4 LAs are normally the biggest threat to sunderers, but not to TR sundies with a rampart shield,
    because you can set up multiple spitfire turrets behind the shield which will be tear the LA apart.
    • Up x 3
  5. Campagne

If the shield's health was separate from the tank's health, would there ever be a situation in which one would not use the shield?

Unless an enemy is able to maneuver around to behind at very short range or the Prowler is actively moving the shield would always be on. Shelling infantry, tank battles, hiding for repairs, covering chokepoints, it'd never not be useful.
  6. Liewec123

Except for ironically using it as it is intended, a meaty shield to defend things behind!
    If the shield was seperate it'd need to be low health for balancing reasons,
    since as you said you can just throw it up anytime to prevent damage.
    And I doubt we'd be able to repair it manually if it was seperate (again, it'd be OP)

So the scenario that it would fail in would be the very thing it is supposed to do XD.
    But yeah it'd be OP at everything else.
    Prowlers with old vanguard shield blocking all damage, no thanks!

though on an unrelated note i do wonder why Prowler instead of Vanguard got Rampart Shield.
    it'd be a perfect fit for the theme of Vanguard,
    which is supposed to be a frontline tank with an emphasis on defence.
    prowler is supposed to be a long range artillery platform.
    rampart shield should go to NC! and TR can get Numbnutz Reactor XD
    • Up x 1
  7. ican'taim

I'm pretty sure that the rampart shield was tied to health due to technical issues.
  8. 4EMODAN

I suggest that this shield works like a hardlight barrier or a collos. Right now he gives 20% to frontal armor, the tank has 5000 hp = shield gives 1000 hp.
  9. Blue_Lion

Let me rephrase this so you see what you are asking for.

Give the TR something you took away from the NC because it was OP.

That means you are asking for something that was considered to be OP. How about the revert the NC shield and give the prowler quad Vulcan cannons and VS hover. Oh wait need to something about libs- auto fire lock on surface to air missiles. There do that and the NC shield will not be OP.