[Suggestion]Quit screwing with my sensitivity & useful commands

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ender, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Ender

Why do I feel like every other patch we get a default sensitivity change, "to make things feel smoother?" I mean, i'll adapt and reset my mouse dpi's to find something equitable to things before, but seriously who is sitting at their desk and going, "hmmmm, maybe we should tune turret sensitivity again, maybe change ESF sensitivity a bit, yeah they'll love that." Stop! I Have to once again use a 300 dpi setting to gun a saron or use a lightning. If I use my medium or high infantry settings the turret does a 360 if i breath on the mouse.

Please stop changing default sensitivities that people adapt to unless you give us an option to keep the old settings.

The /who command. Why is it gone? We already cannot do a reveal enemies or reveal friendlies as Squad Lead (wtb CR5 EMP). This was one of the most viable methods to gauge the population of a fight and now it's gone. Similar to the range finder from beta (yes, there was a range finder in beta that showed how far away whatever your reticule was on), it has now disappeared. Was it that OP it had to be vanished or is this a bug?

More and more I hear people that still have the kill logs in their chatbox so I must be one of the few bugged in that respect (mine do not appear at all). Please stop messing with trivial things though. I realize the work of a patch is spread around the team so it's not necessarily taking away from other more important areas, but at least quit screwing with useful things and default settings. It can be dealt with and isn't a game-breaker to be sure, but it is excessively annoying when you change default keybinds (beta thing) or default sensitivities. I feel bad for all the people that don't have a mouse that can switch through dpi's on the fly.
  2. Shadark

It is painfully obvious that the person in charge of the controls does not understand the particulars of precision mouse and controller input. The random variations in mouse behavior while zoomed is proof.

Making vehicles not behave like a terrible console port: good.
    Not providing infrastructure for players to import proper mouse settings: bad.
    Changing input responses without said infrastructure, forcing people to guesstimate new values again: more than bad.

Please provide us full control over mouse and controller input. This includes zoom level ratios, and removing the awful awful AWFUL mouse filtering on aircraft.
    • Up x 1
  3. Rivenshield

I have a nasty suspicion they don't *want* us to be able to gauge population, lest we be able to discenr how pops are falling over time...

But that's just me being bittervet.