[Suggestion] Please for the love of god give Enforcer a proper reticle!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Tanelorn, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Tanelorn

The enforcer has much stronger drop compared to the halberd. But what reticle do each get?

HALBERD: Flat trajectory.
    Reticle: [IMG]

ENFORCER: Strongly arced trajectory.
    Reticle: [IMG]

First, what were the devs thinking?
    Second, give the enforcer a proper reticle! It will take 10 minutes of the devs time to change the code from an aimpoint sight to the halberd / fury / bulldog sight. Wala, 200% reduction in enforcer user error!

P.S. You do realize a lot of people BOUGHT their enforcer with SC and it had a flat trajectory in the early years. I DARE YOU to ask the NC community if they are satisfied with their purchase now that the round has been given such an arc yet has an aimpoint reticle...
    • Up x 1
  2. Who Garou

This looks like it's from the PS4, but what you are getting at is an issue on the live-servers.

What I hear some people are doing is using Recursion on the PC version to create a reticle that has the distancing notches that yo are looking for.

It is my understanding that on the PC, we aren't to use other programs to alter the clients, so I do not use Recursion myself. I don't want to have my account banned/locked for using it.

[I will say that allowing other players to use Recursion allows them to have an advantage over the players that are following the rules listed in the EULA and the TOS. If such add-ons are acceptable, there should be an official list somewhere - hopefully, here in the forums as well - that list what exact 3rd party programs that alter or augment the Planetside 2 client are allowed for use. I'm not going to use any 3rd party programs that alter/augment the client until I see an approved list even if the DEVs are mute on the subject; which sets a bad precedent.)

However, there are those that are using Recursion that claim that it is approved by the DEVs.

My point being, if players are using 3rd party software to give themselves this kind of advantage in the game - why shouldn't the DEVs simply do what you are asking and give the Enforcer a decent reticle in-game so that players don't think that they need to go to a 3rd party program to run that will alter the game to give such a simple thing as a useful reticle for a weapon?

You are 100% correct in your request.

The one that I have seen suggest for Recursion actually has a curved lines beneath the bulls-eye for those tricky angled shots.
  3. Tanelorn

ooh, that's what I like to hear. Now if only the devs can hear it.