[Vehicle] [Suggestion] Make HE rounds effective against structures

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Neo3602, May 11, 2016.

1. Neo3602

From what I understand many tank players consider HE rounds in their current state to be useless. My idea to make the useful is to make them the best round for destroying construables by giving HE rounds a damage bonus against them. I feel that this would compliment the AI role of the HE rounds because after the tank has destroyed a wall in can then use its' HE effectively mop up any infantry on the other side.

Also do the fact that the HE rounds 1 hit kill area is fairly small and thus usually requires 2 hits to kill I don't think that a reload time decrease for HE rounds would be out of the question either.

Thanks for reading please post your thoughts/feedback below.
    • Up x 2
  2. Liewec123

as far as i know HE rounds already do deal more damage to structures, unless something has changed recently,
    someone posted TTKs and HE was quite a bit ahead of AP
    • Up x 1
  3. Neo3602

Well then if that's the case I feel kind of stupid.
  4. Diilicious

well at least your thread bought this to light, since i didnt know that HE did more to base objects
  5. Pat22

Pretty sure it's the HEAT rounds that are most effective versus structures at the moment. I think it's fitting since they didn't really have a role beforehand aside from being middle of the road between AP and HE.
    • Up x 1
  6. ArcKnight

i wish HE had a bigger OHK splash radius and could only damage light vehicles... heavily armored vehicles being completely invulnerable to HE
  7. Liewec123

sorry yes i meant heat rounds, they deal more damage to bases :)
  8. ArcKnight

now HE is restored to its previous designation as almost useless
  9. TRspy007

That's why u get to chose between AP, Heat primary and Heat secondary. If you want the versatility, keep the default round. It damages both people and armor.
  10. Jake the Dog

As an artilleryman that deals in 155mm HE, a direct hit from an HE shell will obliterate the target... tank or no... and most everything/one around it... But this is planetside where things are backwards, so just take it as is. However its nice to hear that AP might not be the most effective against buildings, I might even consider brushing off the dust on the other MBT cannons...
  11. XanIves

Yeah, and in the real world soldiers rarely even see the enemies they kill. Go play Arma if you want realism, I'll stay here with the game that is actually intended to be fun to play.
  12. Jake the Dog

lol thats why i added that bit, artillery could shoot clear across this continent easily irl and within a 3min or less (depending on skill of those in charge) be putting rounds on a within 5m of a target instantly killing everything within 30m. So yeah I'm not saying to bring planetside to realistic standards but for what HE is, I'm not upset that it damages armor.

If you want to know what upsets me having some of these mgs like the basi damage MBTs... that irks me, but not that much. Also I don't really have any desire to use HE but making it useless against armor would cause me to never touch that weapon again no matter the circumstance.