[Suggestion] Infiltrators need more to do.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Biddion, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Biddion

I play infiltrator 90+% of the time. I, however, am not a sniper. I am an infiltrator. I don't mind shooting recon. I don't mind guarding generators until they explode. I don't mind hacking terms and turrets. The problem is that once those jobs are done, CQC infiltrators like myself only keep up recon, rotect A, B, or C points, and hunt down lonely blips on the map (Which is fun). However, in the bigger bases, such as Amp Stations, Bio Labs, and Tech Plants, it would be nice if infiltrators had essential roles such as hacking terminals that would allow their team to breach areas quicker. Hacking jump pads, special doors, and the such would be nice. Bio labs have a generator protecting its SCU. But at Amp Stations and Tech Plants it is control of A point that jeopardizes the SCU.

One idea is why not have a terminal at these facilities require an infiltrator to take down the SCU shields. It would be an infiltrator hacking device and would require the one who does the hacking to be present for a set time, perhaps up to five minutes. The infiltrator would not have to constantly hold hack but would have to remain next to the terminal that way a squad would be required to protect said hacker. I think this could be a nice dynamic to the game.

Other possibilities would be to hack towers in bases to make jump pads work for their faction.
    Ammo towers is another idea but this would be a long hack of a minute or so and the panel would be highly exposed. In short, make large bases easier to defend, harder to take, but also ways for infiltrators to grant access to critical positions in the bases. Perhaps a series of locks to enter the interior of a new major base. Give us more options of sabotage. We don't need vehicle hacking. We nee more base hacking objectives. Infiltrators are not so much designed to kill but to be killed. Make it so that every opponent in these large facilities perceive us as the biggest threat.

If you feel the same way please bump this post and even add your own ideas to make game play more rewarding to this sometimes under appreciated class.
    • Up x 2
  2. MrMurdok

You know? I would actually love to be able to hack jump pads, now that they're "defender only"
    • Up x 1
  3. Thelgow

Id like to see some more vehicle interaction. Disable guns for 5 seconds, tanks disable the right tread so it goes in circles, silly stuff like that.
    If you are able to get up on it for a lengthy time frame, you should be able to do some stuff.
    A random effect, or let it so you can stack a few if you're there that long.
    I see a Sunderer, I run up and drop my 1 prox mine.
    I just picked up an SMG so I can get 2 guys before clips empty, reduced xp because just respawned, and thats it.
    Id like to sabotage the terminal so whatever class they pick, they get something else, and then locked out from trying gain for 10 seconds or some such.
  4. OldMaster80

This is a well known issue: Infiltrators should be saboteurs that sneak inside enemy bases, create diversion, confuse the enemy, hack the terminals and pave the way for the rest of the team.
    This has never been possibile because of our silly cloaking device: that's effective for Killing and sniping, but not for infiltrating. Cloaking doesn't last enough and forces players to run around like headless chickens making impossible to move carefully and plan an infiltration strategy. This is hopefully going to be fixed with the Infiltrators update.

Then we should be able to cause havok. Decoy grenades and EMP grenade should help to do this, but the first have Always been useless and buggy, the second do not affect vehicles, turrets and Max Units in any way. Last but not least we should have a deployable or a kind of recon dart that jams enemy minimaps, that would be very infiltresque and useful.
  5. Tenebrae Aeterna

Hacking needs a complete overhaul coupled with far more things to hack.

Someone suggested the ability to hack munitions towers, and I agree with that being an addition to the plethora of things that they should implement into the game regarding hacking. Within my signature, there's actually a revamp of the hacking system I propose that I intend to write up anew with some additional thoughts and ideas.
  6. Thelgow

My first day playing I wasted a good 5 mins looking for the terminal to hack a munitions tower. Sad was I to find out I can only do the vehicle and infantry terminals.
    • Up x 1
  7. Aimeryan

There have been many suggestions throughout this sub-forum regarding additional things to hack - it would be nice to have a compiled list of all of these, but the Planetside 2 forums only allow edits up to 30 minutes after posting so updating it would be impossible.

Briefly, some ideas include:
    • cameras (and a related observation room to see what they see),
    • dedicated but limited sensors (so they could be unidirectional motion sensors that rotate around, etc),
    • auto-turrets (limited in some form - maybe based on what the previously mentioned sensors pick up, or something else),
    • doors/gates,
    • teleporter points,
    • jump pads,
    • lighting,
    • terminal power (so, turn off the power to terminals),
    • some form of defender buff that can be hacked to be switched off or even switched to the attackers (so, damage increase, shield rechage speed increase, etc),
    • spawn room power (could be multiple points at which each hack increases the time it takes for the enemy to spawn there)
    Probably many more ideas that I can not remember off the top of my head.
  8. Biddion

Lighting is something I never thought of. Cool.