[Suggestion] infiltrators dmg mbt

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by itechen2, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meeka

Not dependable or worth the effort? I've gotten 30,000+ XP runs as an Infil doing that; it's even a lot more fun when you do it in a battle your faction doesn't even belong in; so many enemies to kill! :D

Also, it's easy to hack someone out of a turret without getting shot by the invisible guy... place landmine at the back, hack it from front. They die, regardless. Or, hack it from the top and wait a second for them to appear. Usually, when hacked out they shoot immediately at the back of the turret and pop into existence; they've wasted their clip at a non-existent target.
  2. Meeka

Infils should never have access to any weapon that does any significant damage to armor, ever.
    • Up x 3
  3. Liewec123

because infiltrators sneaking around blowing up vehicles would be reaaaally balanced!
    and nope i'm not talking about wraith flash, that is a massive cert investment if you want to do it well ;)
  4. Meeka

The bottom line to this post; if you're wanting to destroy vehicles, and you're playing Infiltrator, you are playing the wrong class. Stop playing Infiltrator, it's not your cup of tea, it's not your game, it's not your class. Try something else.

This advice is coming from someone who has a lot of game time clocked as an Infil (28 days on TR, 13 days on NC, and 96 hours on VS) .... starting to think I play too much because that's just my infil time, lol.

The ONLY abillity an Infil should have against vehicles is to hack an empty vehicle to steal it, and it should take at least 20 seconds to do that.
    • Up x 1
  5. LibertyOne

That's easy. Give HA the ability to cloak.
  6. Vaphell

I am happy for you that you stumbled upon clueless, bottom of the barrel NC because from what i have seen in 2 years of playing only my brethren pubs can be so pathetic. I have an aurax in the AV turret and honestly haven't seen anything like this.

From my hacking adventures: I can find a deployed prowler in the FoV of a turret and see it uproot and hide behind the rock because the turret has not enough dps to own an immobilized tank. I can start backstabbing a tank passing by only to see the smart driver to rush out of bounds (under or behind) and destroy the turret for free. I can sneak into the VS tower 4 times in a row to hack the same turret facing a mech line looking the other way and get 1 lighning kill for the trouble (like i said magriders just magburn away, sunderers are unkillable if there is any engineer nearby). That's like 10 minutes (including legwork to get to the tower from your spawn) to kill 1 lightning and the risk of faceplanting into a shotgun barrel while taking the corner in a populated tower is huge.
    All in all the ROI is craptastic and gets worse with time as people gain experience and stop panicking in their tanks. If the initial attack is unsuccessful, it's gg.

So not only i have to go with a suboptimal loadout with almost no sustain (medkits > mines), but also jump through the hoops to work around the bug. Flak armor, oops. Sitting on top is not exactly concealed and i've seen delays up to 5 seconds - that's a lot of time to look around. Jumping inside the turret can end up with an instantaneous c4 brick or a tank mine. No matter how you slice it, the delay means your initiative is squandered and at best you get 50/50 of coming out on top.
  7. itechen2

That's just it, there is no good reason not to access to anti vehicle grenades or a new grenade type that would do slightly less damage for the sake of balance. Do you even know how many it takes to blow up a harasser, let alone heavier armored targets.
  8. itechen2

Again giving vehicle grenades to infils does not insure imbalance. It takes 4 directly placed to take out a harasser so the infil would have to chose to go with grenade bandolier. I have not tested in vr on tanks so i dont know other than all i can say is it would take a lot of grenades. Not exactly game changing. Not to mention the fact, how many threads we see on how useless cloak is. But now that i suggest a vehicle grenade for infils and suddenly cloak is amazing and then the ensuing cries of OP. gimme a break. :rolleyes:
  9. MajiinBuu

When said change is bad, you should be ;)
    • Up x 1
  10. itechen2

My short answer to your bottom line is, that is that's not acceptable. First of all the amount if time played in a given class does not make more or less qualified on how the class should be, how it should evolve, or how i should play it. If you think that timed played does that then you can take my opinion as gospel seeing as i have nearly double, being infiltrator and 53 of those days having been plated as infiltrator. I think you have so completely missed my point of view and where i am coming from is not even funny.
    uh OK? No. I an perfectly fine with choosing infil but i should have resent picking the class or feel helpless when enemy armor is rolling in or intop of me.
  11. itechen2

it isn't. I have brought up my points on how said change could be good and i have yet to hear a sensible answer to the contrary, just another cry of OP without anything to back it up.

But
    i can see every one here is stuck thinking inside the box, you keep making judgement and calls based on and within the confines of the current weapon system. How about thinking it outside of it for a change.
  12. Hatesphere

so why again should the infiltrator be granted AV capabilities? they arent exactly an anti vehicle class. this just smacks of someone who is unwilling to change class to deal with a threat, and is angry they cant do everything as one class.
  13. Kloz

While we're at it we should give them "res. grenades" and a repair tool... because when you think about it you realize it's very lame to be forced to change class just to resurrect someone or repair your flash when it's taken a bit of damage. Heck give the infiltrator the ability to hand out ammo too so they dont have to lame their way back to a terminal to get more bullets for themselves and their friends.:rolleyes:

Btw, I think it's pretty lame that infiltrators cant fly like LA's, I mean guys seriously... we've all been there, you see this nice tree that you want to snipe from but you cant get up there... sooooo LAME! :rolleyes:

Infact why dont we just remove all other classes and give infiltrators the ability to do everything, including the "HA shield" and the HP of a MAX!:eek:

P.S. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  14. Archiadus

So basically:

You go to a restaurant and order a steak and vegetable soup, you then use your knife and fork to eat the steak and once you're done with that you try to eat the soup with knife and fork which fails for obvious reasons, then instead of picking up your spoon you get up and ask for your money back because you're unable to eat your soup with knife and fork and refuse to use a spoon which is designed for the job.

That's pretty much what it sounds like to me when an Infiltrator finds it strange that they don't have anything on them to beat an MBT with.

ps: Now I'm hungry. :(
    • Up x 3
  15. qquqq

there is no class counter to an infiltrator, vehicles are your kryptonite. if you want to kill vehicles roll heavy,
  16. ColonelChingles

This is a false dichotomy, and is why your argument isn't compelling.

For some, a war simulator is funzies. The two aren't exclusive, but rather the two are one and the same.

There are already many other games out there that have fun-fun-silly-willy nonsensical gameplay. Most of the major FPS games out there fall into that mindless category, including the two giants of the genre, Battlefield and Call of Duty.

Planetside 1, on the other hand, was never truly a great FPS. To be quite honest, the shooting mechanics of Planetside 1 were subpar even when compared to contemporaries: Call of Duty (the original), Counter Strike 1.5, etc. Instead, PS1 was more of a hybrid game which emphasized a combined arms environment and strategy over shooting skills.

In my opinion, that's what PS2 ought to be, a continuation of the focus of PS1. There are enough infantry-centric FPS games out there already; throwing PS2 into that fight is just asking for it to be kicked to the ground. Instead, PS2 should focus on what it originally was, which is a relatively undeveloped field: the arcadey combined arms game. It ought to be War Thunder meets World of Tanks meets ARMA.

Which again, for some, would be totally fun and a war simulator at the same time.
    • Up x 2
  17. HappyStuffin

I'm not sure if Infils can already do this since I don't play infil. But it would be a great feature if infils can stealth hack vehicals much like they do turrets and terminals. They were able to do this in PS1 and it was a good feature. I thought so anyway.

If the tank pilot is complacent enough to just sit around long enough to let an infil hack their tank, than it is probably deserved.
  18. Hydrologist

What, you mean the grenades that can 4 shot an MBT from the rear? Yeah, no, I don't think so.
  19. Recel

I play infiltrator a lot, and I never felt the need to have AV capabilities.

Sure, tanks are annoying, but with your cloak it's not hard to avoid, and others are equipped to deal with them.

On the other hand what I DO want to see is something that can be hacked. Turrets and consoles are rather rare, not all bases have them, and usually they are destroyed in the first ten second, making hacking a pretty useless ability to have.
    But sadly the game doesn't has anything yet that is a common sight in battles and could be a good target for hacking without balance issues.
  20. itechen2

soe
    Never played ps1 but you can't hack vehicles.... even if you could hack abandoned ones would be something. This and hacking jumpads has been asked for by the player base only to get shot down and that is just it, the infil in ps2 is like a lot of things in this game, looks good enough on the surface but underneath it all, it is incomplete.

I would even go so far as too suggest giving all classes vehicle grenades seeing how vehicles play such a huge part in farming infantry and seeing how mtb's are likely to get a health buff, it would be a good direction to go. This would also possibly achieve a slightly less dependence on heavy assaults , i mean i appreciate the class and I'm glad they are in the game but it tends to get over played.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.