[Suggestion] Continent Ownership Ideas

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexanor, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Alexanor

First off, I'd like to suggest that continents provide a cumulative 10% decrease to all three resource costs; that is, if you own one continent, everything is 10% cheaper, two continents, 20% cheaper, etc. As of right now, I feel like the only continent worth a darn is Indar, and I'm sure everyone is pretty sick and tired of fighting there.

Second, and most importantly, I believe that a continent should flip once all of the major bases are taken on a continent. It is too much of a chore, a hassle, and a pain playing cat-and-mouse by capping the tiny little bases near warpgates. It would also eliminate the need (at least, some) to have to rotate warp gates on a routine basis.

That's not to say that the smaller bases shouldn't be important. In fact, that's far from it. I think all of the satellite bases should be linked to a neighboring facility. Ownership of the facility not only provides an additional spawn location, but it will provide an advantage to whomever owns it in the SOI of the major base. Arbitrary boons suggestions might be things like 2% small arms fire resistance, 1 second off of respawn timers, ammo regeneration, armor regeneration, map awareness, teleportation into the base, etc. The possibilities are limitless on what these could be, and they can apply to the team that owns the base, either on offense or defense.

Not only does this remove the "chore" of capping the tiny bases in way too defensible areas (I'm looking at you, The Crown), but it helps to centralize fights, makes base fights more intense, and provides additional strategy and reasons to own the satellite bases.
  2. DukeFlash

Not a bad thought, although a bit simplistic. Perhaps if the continent itself were essentially one giant hex
    and each actual hex were like a cap point, there would be a giant influence meter always in flux.

The end result would be similar to what you suggest but still gives value to the smaller hexes, with the larger facilities providing more influence.
  3. Alexanor