[Suggestion] Construction Fixes, w/Images & Links

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ToxicToast, Jun 2, 2023.

1. ToxicToast

The arrows on almost every wall object are way too restrictive. The blue ones need to be a bit further down and the green ones need to be further up. Snipping Tool (gyazo.com) This is supposedly a sin of sorts but this is acceptable with a vehicle gate? Snipping Tool (gyazo.com) Totally inaccessible to anything but a light assault.

On the bright side, I found a use for the giant vehicle bridge... Snipping Tool (gyazo.com)

In order to bring construction, even remotely, back to its former glory a few of the below suggestions really might help.

- Buff repair module from 0.5% to 1% per second.
    - Lower the command center skyshield height by 10 meters
    - Add 1 additional module slot to all construct objects that don't have one (Like the gigantic bridge and blast walls)
    - Add the sentinel relay (Why add the tooltip for modules if you can't even purchase it)
    - Adjust arrows on a lot of structures to be more lenient on rough terrain (Like the sunderer garage, rampart walls, solid walls, the command center, the list goes on)
    - Let the rebirth center, command center, clip into minor objects like trees. The orbital strike can, the walls can, everything else can so why not these two structures?
    Snipping Tool (gyazo.com) <- OS | Rebirthing Center -> Snipping Tool (gyazo.com)
    - Fix the Glaive & Routing Spire

I know you've likely already heard me ramble about the frustration this system gives me, it comes from losing the freedom to be creative in construction. It comes from 7 years of construction joy and experience. It comes from the lack of community involvement in a system overhaul. I have loved the old system so dearly that I would rather build a base, cause a ruckus and blow up some noobies then play golf with friends. Right now, in it's current state, I won't even consider buying a membership anymore. Hell, I might even consider walking away. Yes, it feels that bad!

This new system is beyond restrictive. It forces you to conform with plethora of restrictions placed on you (Such as the choice between modules for your structure or building on rough terrain, where building is sometimes impossible now.) It's like the ability to be creative is gone, majority of placement flexbility is gone, along with it any reliability you have when stepping away for 5 minutes. I don't like coming back from a cortium run to see someone placed an av turret in my base and blew up my silo by the time I got back.

It simply doesn't scream 'quality'. It screams "Why fix something that was never broken in the first place." I'm sure you know that saying....

Thanks for reading, however you likely haven't heard the last of my frustration and my solutions to help remedy the current system. Maybe Wrel had thought that this will 'make the game better' (Here, watch this) Twitch . To me, it just doesn't sit right. I thought requesting feedback from your community is important when it comes to completely overhauling a system 100's of players enjoy using. This was fed back to us half-baked. Did Wrel even build construction bases? Does anyone on the dev team build construction bases?

Let me know what you think,
    ToxicToast
    • Up x 1