(Suggestion) Changes to lockon and AV turret

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Celtin, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Celtin

First off I love the new update but it has completely killed the lock on launchers for anti-air and ground. The lock on range is so short now that I die trying to even get close enough to an enemy vehicle to lock onto it. As a TR player im using the SKEP and the Grounder.

SKEP(AV) Issues:
    1. Lockon range makes use a suicide attempt
    2. Technically better than standard rocket but not usable (you tease DBG)

Grounder(AA) Issues:
    1. Best option for AA on Heavy Assault but short lock on makes you scale mountains to even have a chance.
    2. Technically better for AA than ML7 but rocket not usable as is (DBG you tease me again)

(Bonus)(AV+AA) Swarmer issues:
    1. It inst good against moving air and never hits it even with three rockets.

AV turret issues:
    1.Really needs a few 100m extra range, it always falls short of the max range you would think it could go.
  2. Eternaloptimist

Have you not tried the Striker? with a little practice leading the target it will hit with multiple rockets pretty regularly at medium range and it has a coyote (homing) mechanic against aircraft if the rockets get close enough. Also gives no lock on warning to your target.

I went back to it recently, but before this patch, from using the Grounder as good esf pilots do not hang around long enough for a lock these days.................especially on the more common Hossin, where the trees also get in the way
  3. Faerer

Swarmer is fantastic at hitting air are you sure you switched firing modes to the better tracking ones? I don't know what range you think AV turrets can hit you didn't mention it but their range already absurdly is as drastic as long range sniper rifles already. It certainly does not need an additional 100m extra range.