Suggestion: better rez's for low rank medical applicators

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Kid Gloves, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Kid Gloves

Rez'ing at 20% is a problem for a number of reasons:

1. med-farmers, who want you to die again
    2. players not realising that rez's aren't 100% and charging off
    3. players getting wary of medic rez's, and thus opting for other options

I suggest that all rez's on infantry get buffed to 75% health if below, but with a corresponding increase in rez time so the total time taken is the same as if you rez'd to a lower % then topped them off.

example: if it currently takes a rank 1 medic 5 seconds to rez to 20% and 2 seconds to top up to 75%, the new rank 1 will rez at 75% and take 7 seconds.

The downside? Rookie medics will be sniper-bait more easily. Which I actually think is a good thing because it helps educate people about the dangers of snipers and gives more reason to upgrade the medical applicator.
  2. Kid Gloves

Just to clarify: I'm NOT suggesting rank 1 medical applicators get any benefit in range, speed, standard healing, etc. Just a change to the revive, at the cost of it taking longer.

This means players can always expect at least 75% from any revive successfully pulled off and rez-farmers will actually end up worse off because of the extended time to heal combined with not having as much health to top off at the end.

Final bonus: it normalises xp between the high and low cert guns - only at rank 6 do you see a slight drop in potential xp for the rez as you go up to the 100% rez (though that should, IMO, award slightly more xp to compensate).
    • Up x 1
  3. SirBurning

I'd much rather see the med tool not being able to revive at all until RANK 3/4
    It only takes about 50 certs or so to get there. And it improves the medic soo much.
    This will force situational xp farmers to cert into their medgun, making them somewhat usefull.
    • Up x 1
  4. iEatGlue

I can see how this would benefit those getting rez'd but doesn't it just buff 0% medics? In my opinion:

1. Resolve this by xp = % healed. 20% rez = 20xp plus another 80xp after you heal him full. 100% rez = 100xp
    2. One should always assume they get a 20% rez unless they recognize the medic's name. But there should definitely be an indicator of how much health you'll have upon accepting the rez. iEatGlue attempted to rez you. (20%)
    3. Would be resolved by 1 & 2.

Good ideas but I think these two solutions would be much more viable to the game as a whole.