[Suggestion] Ammo Printer 5 addition

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeonSonic, Feb 21, 2018.

1. NeonSonic

1 additional grenade of any type every 60 seconds.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

I don't believe there are any nanite-costing consumable game items that you can resupply without having to go to a Terminal each time. Why should grenades be counted special?
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

nooooo! grenade spam isn't fun, encouraging it is a big no no.
    • Up x 2
  4. Prudentia

something like "kill reduces time till next tick by 10 seconds" or "now also triggers a resupply on headshot" would be more interesting.
    and i totally don't want that to spam more UBGLs...
    • Up x 1
  5. DarkStarAnubis

If I am not mistaken Ammo Printer already refills rockets for the launchers and grenades for the UBGL (both do not cost nanites).
    • Up x 3
  6. Naskoni

Absolutely out of the question. Grenade spam is bad enough even as it is.
    • Up x 3
  7. Eternaloptimist

Have just logged off and can confirm absolutely no shortage of 'nades
  8. Demigan

Nooo! Don't do more "on headshot" functionality! It only encourages the use of a few specific weapons and also encourages people to play worse by trying to finish with headshots with weapons not designed for that.
  9. Prudentia

"play worse" "aim for headshots"
    wut
    literally the only infantry primary weapon not designed to be used for headshots is... err... yeah... like... The Pump Action shotguns i guess because they only have a 1.5x headshot multiplier anyway so you want more pellets to hit.
    • Up x 1
  10. Demigan

It is called "COF" and "using math".

When you shoot for the head, you expect an advantage because you get 2x the damage for each shot.
    When shooting, shots go randomly anywhere in the COF, so the surface area of the COF that is on the target defines how many hits you'll get.
    If the surface area that is not on the head is equal to the surface area that is on the head, then you have a 50% chance of hitting, which nullifies the advantage of shooting for the head (because at this point in time you can still get 100% hits on the target's body). Most weapons will grow COF's far more than twice the size of the head within a few shots unless you are extremely close to your target. Therefore it's unwise to keep shooting for the head the entire time, only the first few shots, and any shots after you settled your COF again with trigger discipline.

The most efficient way of shooting would be as follows: You start with the head, then the moment the COF grows larger than the head you make sure the top of the COF will intersect with the top of the head, so your move your mouse down to the neck. As the COF grows even larger, you move down even more. Since the head would remain 100% inside the COF you still have the maximum chance a bullet randomly hits the head, but you change most of your misses into hits on the body. Only around the sides of the head will you experience misses. When the COF grows so large that it becomes larger than the body you can still keep shooting up until the COF becomes so massive that you have more than 25 to 30% misses, as at that point COF growth would be fast enough to grow disproportionate. Which would be the ideal point to settle your COF and start again, although not necessarily from the top down again if you start shooting before full COF recovery.
    Ofcourse, while the COF stays the same each time, the size of the target depends on distance. Farther targets will have a smaller surface area so the COF's surface area starts and grows comparatively larger with each shot than if the target is nearby. And for some reason I think that a lot of people are going to completely misunderstand that last sentence.
    Another thing is that the average player is exactly that: An average player. Having them shoot for the head will decrease their effectiveness as the head is a smaller, harder target to hit than the main body. Asking the average player to shoot for the neck/just below the neck is a far better idea as it adds stray headshots to the bodyshots they would normally get with relatively little extra misses.

This is one of the reasons why I always encourage people not to go for kills with headshots. Only a few weapons are actually useful for this, or you have to be in extreme CQC to do it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Prudentia

so... "if your aim and weapon control is bad you shouldn't go for headshots"... which is just proving my point that high skill => go for headshots...
  12. DarkStarAnubis

No...

What Demigan is saying that is CoF will increase according to Bloom (each weapon differently) and therefore depending on the distance of the target and number of shots fired in sequence the RNG mechanism will make you miss headshots regardless of your aiming and mouse control skills.

As consequence, depending on the target distance and number of shots fired it is better to aim to the body (body is bigger than the head, so the RNG mechanism will make you miss less shots).
    • Up x 3
  13. Demigan

First, read this post:

So as DarkStar says, even if you have pinpoint perfect aim, the COF would screw you over except with a few very select weapons and even those weapons will screw you over if the range is large enough (for those who really really take things literally the bolt-action rifles and pump-action shotguns do not suffer from this as their COF settles before the next shot although the pump-action has too big a COF to begin with). Additionally, the average player is average so asking them to go for headshots all the time by giving out rewards with implants is going to encourage them to basically shoot themselves in the foot and get worse. This is not a fun feature, it is not a constructive feature, it erodes a part of the gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  14. Prudentia

you are still blabbering nonsense.
    being skilled with a weapon also means to know how long you can burst to still get consistent headshots and when the range is too far to go for headshots.
    If you do not want to go for headshots than that is your decision and you'll still get the full functionality of the implant, but forcing yourself to go for headshots will always make you more accurate and deadlier in combat, not worse.
  15. Demigan

Considering that there's already someone who knows exactly what I talk about and can make a coherent argument with it, apparently it's not nonsense right?

It also means that you know the amount of time it takes to settle COF and how that reduces your DPS overall again depending on your distance from your enemy. It's a combination of trying to keep a high DPS, calculating chance based on how much surface area your enemy takes in the COF and knowing where to aim to manipulate the latter.

Not always, as explained.
    • Up x 1
  16. NeonSonic

Well I mainly carry a nanite revive grenade so I thought 1 of those every 60 seconds would be nice, but thank you for the input I understand ppl can nade spam but if it really is that big of a problem to you there is always Flak Armor 5 to make it less of a nuisance. <3
    • Up x 1
  17. NeonSonic

Also if that is indeed true it refills for underbarrel grenade launcher (been playin combat medic again lately) thats great since its underused and having a little more versatility never hurt. Also engies can be scarce sometimes :)
  18. LordKrelas

You do realize, that Flak Armor 5, isn't going to do ****e against 5 grenades per person every 30 seconds, without needing a re-supply right?
    Not to mention, to use Flak-armor 5, is to not use nanoweave in every single environment due to Explosive-spam being made easy..

Let alone, your own revive grenade being automatically replenished means, that medics can throw revive grenades in a field, without a damn for re-supply points.
    Which makes it even harder to keep people dead unless spamming explosives to kill them.

As those at least aren't nanite-costing grenades, which also are specific to select weapons, and cost an attachment slot.
    Rather than are equipped on every class but a Max unit.
    If you want to carry a lot of additional grenades, there's a slot choice for it.
    Making Ammo Printer produce nanite-based explosives constantly, just counters the resupply price, and allows them to be a spammable weapon for extended periods.

Endless Grenade spam, is not fun.
    Not to mention, if they did get printed, it's not far for someone to ask why C-4, and all other nanite-priced weapons aren't produced by it in the field... After all, the entire limited nature of the nanite grenades, is pretty dependent on the need to resupply.
  19. Prudentia

i absolutely adore the UBGL+ Ammo printer 5 combo :D
    2 C4 + 3 UBGL kills a non defense sundy
    3 UBGLs kill a flak armor max
    direct hits kill pretty much every infantry and leaves flak armor infantry with 50hp left
    Does similiar damage as an RL against vehicles and is great to steal kills :p
    and with ammo printer you are always back up to full fighting strength in 3 minutes.
    finished the Equinox with UBGL 2 weeks ago to unlock the darkstar but have been pretty much ignoring it in favor of the Yumi cause that can mount the UBGL again :D