Suggesting a new jetpack!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by ZakMC308, Feb 26, 2015.

1. ZakMC308

Hello, I'm ZakMC308 and have been playing Planetside 2 since 2012..
    I really love the Light Assault class, and I think it would be great if it had a mouse-controlled jetpack! :)
    With that, I mean:
    - You are flying in the direction of the mouse while holding SPACE, but can also use WASD(Or your kebinds) to strafe.

This can be useful:
    - To fly straight forward.
    - To look awesome like Iron Man.
    And such, even fly back to your airplane in the air if you apparently left it.

I hope someone enjoy this idea and I hope it's coming to the game! :)
  2. Iridar51

This style of movement would be somewhat cool, but as a 4th Jet Pack option it is redundant - current jet pack options already do the flying without constraining the direction of movement to the direction of look.

It would make perfect sense if only VS LA would fly like that, disregarding gravity completely, and being able to fly in any direction with the same speed. More like levitation magic (technology) instead of conventional rocket engines.

Suggestions posted on class forums never get any dev attention, but remember your idea if they ever get around an Light Assault update, in which case it can be a faction-specific VS LA jet pack.

Though I think if devs are gonna spend time on something, it should be more than just because "it would be cool".
  3. Skiptrace

This idea is redundant as all getout... And pretty useless too... the regular jetpack is fine, Drifters just got a buff, and Icarus Jets are great for tower busting. But as Iridar said, it would be an interesting VS LA jetpack idea for whenever the Devs decide to make LA's better.
  4. Dissembrae

how about replacing the current default jetpack with a booster jetpack? booster jetpacks allow you to quickly boost in any direction, kinda like halo 5's jetpack system. that way you can quickly get from cover to cover, or if you stand still and use the booster jetpack you can just boost upwards