Suggested tweaks to EMP grenades.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Neodymius, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Neodymius

I unlocked EMP grenades yesterday, and have been using them a fair bit since, and the main functionality of the grenade is pretty much fine. However, there are a small number of tweaks that wouldn't change the use of the grenade in any way, but would make it more appealing to use over the standard grenade, which is I still find would be the better choice in most situations.

1) Include a hit indicator when the grenade has affected at least one enemy. This would simply make it more user-friendly. As it is, I'm not sure whether the EMP grenade has successfully affected the enemy and I've had a few occasions where the target has still had their shield when I opened fire afterwards.

2) Provide kill assist XP on enemies killed whilst under the effects of the EMP. In the majority of cases, you want to use the grenade on a large group of enemies that are in combat with a group of your own, providing a considerable edge when the HUD and shields of the enemies are removed. However, you are currently not awarded any XP for any enemies that are killed after you have hit them with the grenade, essentially not awarding a clearly helpful support action. This also helps you get an idea of just how much you have helped your team mates, if at all.

3) Affected vehicles should not be able to move for a very short time after being hit by the grenade. I would suggest that the target vehicle should be stopped from moving for the same duration as the grenade would hinder an infantries vision, I don't believe it should stop the vehicle from being used completely, personally. The infiltrator currently does not have any anti-vehicle weapons, and this would not exactly allow them to take a tank on. However, used as a team, where an infiltrator stops a tank from retreating from rocket fire for a few seconds when it is damaged, would provide an interesting (and likely rare) use for an EMP that would allow the infiltrator to have some use in anti-vehicle battles.
  2. Flaeb