Suggest Class Setup?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Mstoltz17, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Mstoltz17

What is a good setup for my medic? I play for TR.
    This is my current setup:

1. NS-7 PDW (NICO 1x, Soft Point Ammo)
    2. NS-44 Commissioner (Nico 1x, Laser Sight)
    3. Medical Applicator 5
    Ability: Regeneration Field
    Suit: Ammo Belt 1
    Utility: Medical Kit
    Implant: Regeneration 2
    (Everything else is the default)
  2. CrimsonEpsilon

T1 Cycler (Best AR in the game IMHO)
    Commiss
    Medical Applicator 6 (Very important)
    Ability: Regen Field
    Suit: Advanced shield capacitor (Max rank! Keeps you in the fight!)
    Utility C-4 x2
    Implant - the one that shows enemies health
  3. InsaneLinguist

AR: Generalist: T1 Cycler/TORQ9 (if you can aim)
    CQC: TAR (x 0.75 ADS movement speed)
    Mid--long: SABR-13
    Pistol: Commi is good, but I personally prefer Emperor; Repeater when using SABR
    Applicator: max this one out as soon as you can
    Ability: Regen field
    Suit: depends on server (on Emerald: Flak is mandatory)
    Utility: C4
    Implant: personal preference
  4. Elsewhere

I usually run 2 setups. 1 with AOE Heal/C4 for general play, and 1 with the Shield Bubble/Med kits for those chokepoint situations.

1. AR of choice (really down to your preference, currently for me TORQ 9 - 2X, Grip, Comp + SPA)
    2. NS-44 Commissioner (Darklight, VERY useful for stalker infiltrators sat near control points = free kill)
    3. Medical Applicator (Max this ASAP, its your best friend)
    Suit: NanoWeave
    Ability + Utility: C4 when AOE equipped - Health kits when shield bubble equipped.
    Implant: None

I don't run an implant for Medic, I don't really need one, and can keep the chargers that drop for when I play other classes. My Engineer, for example, usually has mines equipped, so haven't got a slot for healing items, so use regeneration implant there instead.

I would also very strongly recommend a darklight flashlight on whatever pistol you use for 2 reasons. Firstly, it will unlock for all classes and loadouts, not just your medic one. Second, many times have I seen people running around a control point which is contested firing shots at all the empty spaces looking for a stalker infiltrator sat somewhere. Darklight makes life much easier, and will nearly always get you the kill over all those without darklight too.
  5. Lord_Avatar

1. All-rounder CM

- T1 Cycler / TORQ-9
    - Commissioner / Underboss / Emperor
    - Nanoweave / ASC
    - AOE Heal
    - Frag grenades
    - C4 x2

2. CQC CM

- TAR / Barrage / TORQ-9
    - Commissioner / Underboss / Emperor
    - Nanoweave
    - AOE Heal
    - Frag Grenades
    - C4 x2
  6. _itg

1. I would suggest switching back to the default Cycler. The PDW is a short-range weapon with low DPS, and that's not a good combination. Medics have access to weapons which totally outclass it. I'd save the PDW for your infiltrator, since that class doesn't get many close-to-mid-range options, or your HA, since that class doesn't get many options with good hipfire, and the overshield compensates for the gun's low DPS.

3. Prioritize getting the last level, since this will help you earn more certs in the long run.

Suit: Ammo belt isn't a strong option. As a medic, you should be with the team and therefore have ammo boxes nearby. flak armor is a good choice, since medics have to put up with a lot of grenade spam. Nanoweave or ASC can also work, if bullets are more threatening than explosives. Grenade bandoleer can be useful for revive grenades.