Subscribed to PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AlcyoneSerene, Dec 13, 2018.

1. AlcyoneSerene

Just subscribed to PS2 for the first time in 2700+ hours of play since despite the frustrations the game has overall been really fun, customer support is amazing, and players in game have generally been excellent team mates.

<<Curious for any pointers on how to make the most out of subscription.>>

My TR is BR99 very close to 100 which is when ASP unlocks? Do we claim the 48 cert points per character? Is that done by logging in on the character daily? Do we get 3 extra character slots, and will they stay permanently with the account even if left empty? I already have VS & TR but only a BR1 NC, what should I use the other slots for? Leaving one empty makes sense in case black ops gets released soon?

500 daybreak cash, kind of wanted a TR helmet with the gas mask, but bare metal camo looks nice, anything worthwhile to use it on save for the future otherwise?

Also excited for Planetside Arena even if I enjoy PS2 style gameplay, air combat, faction identities, and plan on maybe playing both but PS2 will remain at the forefront.
    • Up x 1
  2. WinterAero

Definitely not worth subscribing anymore as the release will cannibalise some of the PC base but, more importantly, potential new players as they will often follow new trends/a latest release in favour of dated/overdeveloped community.

PC is already dead across the board outside a marginal spurt at peak. So it is reasonable to assume mergers are inbound after christmas and a potential shut down of the game running into 2019 post this release. Stop supporting them and get out while you can. After all we've all seen similar happen over the years with numerous titles and developers. Divided budget, on such a small budget, is never wise.
  3. Vamperial

Just make sure you log in every day to collect your certs on each toon and DB cash every month in the depot. The 2x exp the last full weekend is worth my sub. I think the toons stay even if you unsub its the loadout slots that you won't get back until you sub again. I tend to save up my DB cash for either XP boosts or a bundle. Anything you buy with DBC will transfer to new characters so if its a VS weapon you buy with DBC and you want to start a fresh toon you will have it unlocked already. Nanite system weapons are unlocked for all factions with DBC. I spent a lot of DBC on construction.

I'm also cautiously optimistic about PS:A. The more visibility to the Planetside universe the better with the added bonus of the two teams working closely together for tech and asset sharing.

Just remember.... "Haters got to Hate"
  4. Armcross

Good luck
  5. Kristan

Yes, you'll be able to unlock ASP at BR100. You can receive 48 daily for every character you have, no matter if you got it already for another character. Not sure about slots, I don't have many chars. 500 DBC gets mostly used for minor cosmetic items, or saved for Doku's weapons that come in bundles.
  6. Towie

Yes - you can flip the ASP switch any time from BR100+.

It works like this. Your BR100+ character goes back to BR1 and you get 1 * ASP point to use.

However you gain levels at the same rate as a new character - so you get from BR1 to BR25 quickly at which point you get a new ASP point to use (same again at 50 etc.).

What you should use your ASP point on is highly dependent on play style and favored class.

There are a number of class specific ones that are useful. For me, my favorite is the SMG Secondary for LA. So I can go for a mid-longer distance Carbine primary AND SMG for the closer work - it's a very versatile loadout.
    • Up x 1
  7. DeadlyOmen

ASP is a sad commentary on the dev's opinion of the playerbase.
    ASP could have been the introduction of new and original content.
  8. WinterAero

PS:A is a sad commentary on the dev's opinion of the playerbase.
    PS:A could have been the introduction of new and original content.
  9. Pelojian

i'd suggest later on getting some solid camos from the members section of the depot so you can blend a bit better at long range. like solid green for amerish for example.

as for other cosmetics i'd suggest going into VR and trying out locked camos, armors and helmet combos, since camos hide faction colors partially on armor and helmets.

any helmets with less TResque features with camo added that can make faction ID by visuals more difficult is a plus.

a good example is the commando beret, on default colors the beret is faction colored and the cloth covering the face is grey, but when camo is applied both of them adjust to the camo coloring, the only hints that it's a faction specific cosmetic is the small TR emblem and the color and style of the goggles (each faction has a variant of this cosmetic making it a good helmet to confuse faction ID)
  10. AlcyoneSerene

Thanks for the replies. Filled up my 6 total character slots with another 3 of each faction, into Connery because why not, and one on Cobalt, and started playing a bit of NC faction. As I understand it, if I delete any character without membership, that character slot will be lost too.

Got my eyes set on metallic pink camo, it looks amazing on VS for some reason, and bare metal camo as I like the clean shiny look even if it's darker shade than tech camo. Going to hold off on 2 helmets (VS & TR) and the mossie body-wings cosmetic.

Flipping into ASP means losing access to dreadnought title at BR120?