Stuff on PTS Right Now...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DatVanuMan, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Ribero

I think I love Bill Yeatts.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

I have no idea what that means.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Ribero

Art Director, I'm guessing it was his doing, the bright empire colours being toned down on Vehicles again.
  4. Paragon Exile

This was nerfed months ago, and you can no longer bodyshot + knife to kill someone.
  5. Pikachu

Oh. I just wish they would now remove the blue parst on the sides. Then I would be pretty pleased.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kubin

Yup. What that guy said - not with a commie. You can do it with a crossbow+knife, though.
  7. Bhudda V1

the scopes for the commie and pwnboss have been sorely needed for a long time and now they need to throw even the ns sights on the es pistols and we will have harmony.
    also nice pics pika loving that so much hopefully
    also love the fact now my lightning wont be a bright blue target
  8. xArchAngelx

Can I get a Throwing Tomahawk?
  9. Huishe

>Plus, make them ES, as in the NC one can OHK, Terran one can swing very quickly

Nonononononononope. Not again, not this "ok NC is strong, VS is accurate andTR is fast". Being fast doesn't kill people. Well, other than people that try being fast against people being strong.
  10. Goretzu

The only real issue with OHK knives is with stalker cloak I think, they are going to have to be careful with it there. Long swap times are something.
  11. DatVanuMan

Well, I do suppose you are talking about the knives. If so, then yes, your kill potential should be increased considerably upon these knives' release. However, I've realized that the knife hitbox is VERY unreliable in this game, as you can hit someone on the arm, but no damage is dealt.
  12. DatVanuMan

For the sake of balance, the knives must have a basic yet comprehensible downside. You want to OHK someone? Okay then, pay a thousand certs to buy a knife that swings MUCH more slowly than your normal knife, but can destroy a target with a single hit. All SOE has to do to make all knives better is improve the hitbox and registration.
  13. LodeTria

Yaaaaay. It looks better now.
    This new art guy seems to have things down.
  14. _itg

Stalker infiltrators can already do much the same thing with the bolt+knife combo, and it's far from OP (I mean, you'd have heard of this if it were). I'm worried that OHK knives will obsolete the crossbow and mag-scatter, though, and it sounds like the quick knife is getting nerfed? That further hurts these weapons. Along with pistol scopes, it's looking like there's less and less reason to use anything other than the Commissioner/Underboss, which is sad.
  15. DatVanuMan

Here's what should be done:
    Leave quick knives alone. I really hate how long it takes to exit the ******* animation.
    Make the OHK knives MUCH slower.
    Make knife hitbox more reliable.
    That's it. Here's what SOE should be doing; it should offer players an option. Faster swipes, or more damage? Little risk, or large reward?
    • Up x 2
  16. JudgeNu

Wasnt their suppose to be work on two-tone camo options on vehicles coming?
    I was looking forward to mix-matching camos.

The OHK knives aren't game breaking, sure they may be a slight annoyance but the NC is a bit lackluster.
    I am not pleased that the Vanu get a ranged OHK knife.
    NC you have to be touching their space. ( hehe)
  17. vanu123

I cant wait to go stalker cloak w/ knife.
  18. Morti

omg those obnoxious faction colours are being toned down?

please fix this injustice next bill

[IMG]
  19. Leftconsin

I'm just back from test and stalker cloak + OHK knife does seem strong. I'm not sure if it is imba yet, but I know for certain it is strong enough that some people will think it is.
  20. Goretzu

Yeah in general terms, certainly, only with a cloak does it really throw up issues (the Mag-scatter could have been a OSK with extreme drop off it not for this issue).

Nearly the same thing, not quite. You still have a little bit of reaction time, if you have a very low TTK weapon yourself (as much due to clientside as anything admittedly).

The Mag-scatter could have been a OSK at 0m itself if not for this, instead it is weaker than the Underboss.