Stuff on PTS Right Now...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DatVanuMan, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Kubin

Stealthy knife even in power-mode? Sounds good enough to me but I don't know if not too good from TR/NC perspective.

And OHK at the back and OHK by NC powerknife at any side seems nice. At least for me but I'm the one who either stays out of the grinder (sniping or smg hit'n'run) or is in a MAX suit which is somewhat resistant to knives.

My way would be:

NC:
    - Slow slashing.
    - Somewhat tight cone of (normal) slash.
    - Powermode: OHK from any direction.
    - Medium noise when powered.

TR:
    - Fast slashing.
    - Wide cone of (normal) slash.
    - Powermode: Chainsaw behavior: Just hold attack button and you'll deal (lesser) damage constantly.
    - Loud*** noise when powered.

VS:
    - Balanced slashing.
    - Balanced cone of (normal) slash.
    - Powermode: No trace (and overall knife invisibility when cloaked).
    - Lesser noise when powered.
    • Up x 1
  2. DatVanuMan

HELL YES. Love it, you even gave them ES traits! So, to finalize, everything can OHK from behind, NC from the front, TR is fast as hell, and VS is all about stealth. NOICE. Now, when in powermode, we need to specify about VS and TR damage. When powermode is activated for VS, it should deal a good 700-something damage. As for TR, 400-500? We know that the NC one can OHK, so further specifications are required for the VS and TR ones.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kubin

Hmm... Don't know about TR because that "chainmode" I'm thinking of is more like 100 damage at fast pace (like every 0.1-0.15 sec or so) but to all targets it connets with (chokepoints FTW?) and you don't have to time your attack because you'll keep that little chainsaw spinning in front of you, damaging whatever runs into you. Generally my idea was:
    - NC is about a single target, enormous hit.
    - TR is all about fast, AoE damage.
    - VS is balanced with addition of stealth.
    • Up x 1
  4. TraatAdmiral

It's fast. Pretty nearly instant. It looked like it took a moment for the glow and sparks to go away, though.
  5. DatVanuMan

Perfect. I'm in for it, man!:D
  6. CuteBeaver

I am interested to see how this pans out since one of the biggest problems I have as a stalker is lack of ammo when I solo.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheKhopesh

8. Jachim

Great. More OHK ********, and more forum threads aspousing how they counter this or that so must not be nerfed, and that you must be an 'idiot' to die to them, and how awesome they are for being able to press a single button and instantly kill someone.
  9. IberianHusky

Why would anybody use any pistol other than a Commie with a 2x reflex after the update? Hell, I'd even stop using my Underboss for it!

As far as the OHK knives go, I'm still a bit iffy. They need to work on the animation and hit detection and polish the weapon a bit more before I can make a proper judgement.
  10. Chipiwan

The new biofarms will have increased productivity. That's all I have to say.
    • Up x 2
  11. Ceiu

In theory... maybe. Things like hit detection and lag as they are now lead me to believe this won't go so well for shotgun users.
  12. TheKhopesh

I personally think that the Stalker cloak should also come with a built in ammo belt functionality, considering you lose a full weapon's worth of ammo that no one else does!
    Even using the Ammo Belt armor option, I fairly often burn through it just as the fun is starting! :mad:
  13. MarkAntony

That's what people predicted when Nanoweave got adjusted. The infiltrator apocalypse has yet to happen.... (it never will)
  14. Goretzu

OHK knives they need to be very careful about, they need serious downsides.

Pistol scope though....... thank Vanu!
  15. patrykK1028

Spiker ironsights are the best, since they look like scope the most.
  16. FieldMarshall

OHK knifes are already in the game in the form of commi+quick knife. Except you also have the commi for range when you need it.
    If you didnt have any problems with getting OHKd by knifes before, then you wont have any problems now.

Some serious overreacting going on for something that is even worse than the current knife.
    Its like the NC shotgun pistol all over again. Infils with shotguns sure turned out OP :rolleyes:
  17. Stigma

Yay for pistol scopes! (or rather, id prefer reflex-sights of some kind, but I assume thats something they are likely to do when they first do scopes). A lot of pistols are nice but see little use due to terrible sights that are much too obtrusive. in fact I find most pistols work best just hipfired just because ADSing them obscures your target and is a detiment to your accuracy moreso than the ADS helps you. Looking forwards to this. It was a welcome change when they did it for BF4 too.

-Stigma
  18. DatVanuMan

Well, as long as they swing VERY slowly, then they're okay. However, SOE needs to improve the knife hitbox, because sometimes, the knife will not register.
    As for the scopes, only the NS weapons have them. BUT PATIENCE, BROTHER, they shall soon arrive to OUR pistols, as well!:D
    • Up x 1
  19. Bindlestiff

Got any pics Pikachu? Can't fire up PTS right now.
  20. Pikachu

Old - live - PTS
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3