Strove Pokes Holes In : Gravity?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by strove, Nov 5, 2014.

1. strove

Im sure we can all guess where this is going.
    Based off current modern tanks weight being between 50-80 tonns... How in the hell is it so easy to flip MBTs?
    Ingame they feel like they weigh about the same amount as a standard Ford Focus... And the focus dosnt flip as often...
    Sunderers and Lightnings must weigh perhaps 25-50 tonns? (im taking wild guesses but you get the point)
    Ultimately almost all vehicles bounce off things, a slight bump under your right track and your upside down second after pulling a vehicle you now cannot get back nor chain pull a second...
    If nothing else getting 50% of your nanites back if a vehicle is destroyed with no damage from any player souse and within 60s of being pulled would atleast relieve the frustration of the insta flip loss due to terrain.

Any thoughts?
  2. Schizomatic

I wish I video captured while playing. This would be the perfect place to showcase the number of different ways I've managed to send my Sunderer into acrobatics like this: [IMG]

BTW, if you're cracking up at the crash dummies flying through the air, too: Welcome to Hell. Drinks and hot succubi over there. Glad you could join me.
  3. strove

Actually having the occupants ragdoll fly out of the turned sundy would at least lighten the mood when it happens...
    • Up x 9
  4. FateJH

The answer is easy. Game objects have no mass. Collisions are artificially handled. No sane kinematics are consulted in the process.
  5. z1967

Personally I would really like it if we could flip over our own vehicles with a jack or something for the engineer. Might make my attempts at ram killing a low flying ESF with a lightning a bit less resource intensive.
  6. Flamberge

Queue cliche PS2 "Nanites meme" in 3...2...1..

But, IDK. Not sure if more realistic physics would result in performance loss.
  7. gary the sewer hobo

I've found your problem. Perhaps if you kept your lightning on the ground you wouldn't flip it so often. Leave careening through the air majestically to the magriders.
  8. Tommyp2006

I think part of the reason that tanks flip so easily compared to the real thing, is that in real life, when you hit a bump in the terrain, you get energy absorption in both the terrain and vehicle, as well as a deformation of both. In PS2, both are made out of indestructible nantites, meaning the only place your momentum has to go is upward.
  9. strove

Regardless of how its done im sure there can be a fix of some sort that would only take a few weeks to a month.