Strong and weak points of those weapons

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ximi, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Ximi

Polaris,Flare and Pulsar LSW.

Ive read the Polaris thread below,now i want the Flare explanation and Pulsar LSW,that costs lower than greater LMGs.
  2. Eternaloptimist

I'm a bit rusty on those VS weapons as I've not used them for a while but my experience was:

Pulsar was an inferior Orion but with a bigger mag, which could be handy in a tight spot. Tbh it wasn't all that bad and I played it for the LMG directive. I believe it now has extended mag option and maybe an increase in its maximum damage range. This ought to make it a bit more distinctive and (like the T16 and EM1) a bit more of a viable choice for medium to long range.

Flare has the higher, 167 per bullet, damage but a slower rate of fire. I thought that I would use it for longer range (more damage per hit in situations where you don't expect to get so many hits on smaller targets etc.) but in fact it was better at medium range in my hands as it seemed to have a cone of fire at long range that made it less accurate. Not sure what changes they made or how they affect its performance.

In fact, both weapons seemed to be overshadowed by the Orion and the SVA 88 but I think the gap between them has changed now.