Striker whinge thread #4360533

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by GhillieSeuss, Sep 13, 2018.

1. GhillieSeuss

Well, everyone recommended against the Striker, but then I got it anyway because I'm contrary like that. After playing with it for some time, I've decided I'm disappointed after all so now I will be salty on the internet. My TR manual said this is the proper thing to do.

What's the Striker's claim to fame nowadays? Used to be that it was a magazine-fed rocket launcher with a lame flak mechanic. Now we've got:
    Swarm - basically the original Striker, 3-round mag, more interesting shooting mechanics than Striker
    Masamune - 4-round mag, faster DAKKA, still more interesting mechanics than Striker even if kinda meh
    Rocklets - 6-round mag, faster DAKKA, same flak mechanic, equipped on a highly mobile platform, AVAILABLE BY DEFAULT, and even has 2 options to customize through ammo, leaps and bounds more interesting than the Striker

Oh, and all three of those are available to everyone. Striker needs change. Make Striker great again. Stop using unique ideas on common pool weapons for a second and revamp the Striker.

And since you never will, here's my suggestion anyway: give it a mag size of 2 missiles that disconnect into 3 so it at least doesn't take seven internet years to unload:
    [IMG]
  2. CplRDaWiggy

Wait, what?

Are you trolling or something? By 'everyone recommended', do you mean 'NC and VS pilots' recommended?
  3. Liewec123

woah, came here expecting to see an NC or VS skyknight QQing that TR keep killing them with Striker,
    because they get exclusive access to the best infantry AA in the game.
    instead it is a TR player wanting to make Striker even better lol

perhaps you want it to fire itsself? it already pretty much does the aiming for you! XD
  4. GhillieSeuss

Recommended "against" as in people said don't do it, spend certs on something else.

I don't want it to be better I want it to be funner. Everyone already has access to at least 3 AA launchers for air deterrence, 3 dumbfire launchers for close up shenanigans, and at this point there's 3 magazine-fed launchers (one of which costs 0, shoots faster and has the same flak mechanic). Only one launcher has a wire-guided rocket. Only one launcher has a laser with no drop. What's left for Striker, the Valkyrie gimmick?

Don't tell me I have to use it in groups, EVERY launcher has to be used in groups to reliably kill a vehicle. On the flipside not every dumbfire launcher needs to be used in groups to kill infantry and MAXes which the Striker sucks at.

And if you're a traitor NC/VS pilot maybe they can remove the flak mechanic so you only have the other 27 G2A weapons to worry about. Win for everyone.
  5. CplRDaWiggy

Ah, so you were serious then.

Well, good luck convincing NC or VS its not really good, and good luck convincing TR to give up the best G2A launcher
    • Up x 1