Striker revamp feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by AdmiralArcher, Sep 5, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

so i played around with the stiker on test for a bit........i think itll work out pretty well........it could use a bit more damage, but if its role is to harrass air into going away, then itll do its job nicely

it does 100 damage per rocket, 500 damage per mag

its reload speed is pretty good, and the chamber time is decent

the ROF could use an increase, but its not nesscecary

overall, i think its a good replacement, but the devs have pigeon holed themselves with this..

they cant make it more powerful really because its just too strong in groups, 5 people with strikers can kill a lib in 1 mag....but against ESFs, this thing will be miserable, it just cannot dish out the damage fast enough, regular lockons will still be much better.

against valks, its also really not that great, itll do enough to ward off the average valk driver, but you will have to reload 3 times to kill one

it will take 25 rounds to kill a liberator btw

in groups, this weapon will be decent, but far from OP with the exception of hitting lazy *** PPA farmers, in which case

GOOD, YOU DESERVE IT COKSUKERS

it takes 9 rounds to kill a stock MAX unit, and you can easily miss with hipfire against a MAX unit...and the blast radius against people is pretty large, but it does almost no damage
  2. Alilua

This weapon is a disgrace to the republic and the word anti-vehicle. This weapon can't compare with anything because it is under-powered in every aspect. The horrendously weak fracture is amazing compared to the new striker. It needs to do about 3.5 times the damage it currently is.
    • Up x 3
  3. AdmiralArcher

they dont have an option the way they did it this time around
  4. Kunavi

I have an honest question; How did they even manage to make it WORSE than it was!? It was arguably THE worst piece of equipment already. I never thought this possible!
    • Up x 3
  5. Archiadus

I've got this feeling that there's a big wheel of (mis)fortune with random nerfs and buffs in the office somewhere that they give a spin every once in a while. :p
    • Up x 1
  6. AdmiralArcher

they are stuck in a conundrum

if they make it any more powerful, in small groups, say 5-6 peope, the striker will obliterate liberators and Valks and ESFs...in groups of 10 galaxies would have a prayer.

but indivudually, its a terrible weapon because it just doesnt have the DPS that the other weapons have. it does 50 less damage than the lancer, but it also has prox lock (proximity tracking)

we will see how it turns out.......i bought the striker last night in preperation :)
  7. minhalexus

Old Striker was not bad lol.

The only complain was that everyone had the NS Annihilator.

Old Striker would be perfectly balanced if they removed the Annihilator.
  8. WarmasterRaptor

Current Striker on live is weaker than ground lock-on or air lock-on. And yes, weaker than the NS lock-on.

It would still NOT be "perfectly" balanced... :rolleyes:
  9. minhalexus

And I'm not saying that it's not.

I'm saying that the old Striker was not 'bad' as in terms of gameplay, only NS annihilator offered a similar role as the Striker making a Striker just a variant.
    If they removed the Annihilator, old Striker was a perfectly balanced weapon.

Also I'm not saying the new striker should not be buffed, just saying the ^.
  10. xArchAngelx

There is a way they can fix it, but it would mean that the design team would have to change the weapon. The way I mentioned before on how to fix it is the following:

1: Reduce the rounds from 5 rockets to 2.
    2: Change the Damage to 400-450 per rocket.
    3: Keep the dumbfire/coyote mode.
    4: Increase the velocity/ ROF slightly, increase the reload time.
    5: Reduce the rocket drop, let it travel like the Fracture.
    6: Change the launcher to resemble a MAX Fracture.

**edit** The cartridge could resemble that of a revolver. sorta like the drum on the MCG***

[IMG]

so instead of this giant cartridge sticking up blocking 60% of the screen, its more slim lined.

Then it would be easier to adjust the weapon to keep it from being too OP that everyone is afraid of, and if a group of 5 people fired the weapon together, it would only fire 10 rockets instead of 25. So essentially, instead of a group of 5 guys doing 12,500 damage, they would only be doing 8,000-9,000.

That being said, I played around with the Phoenix and Lancer lastnight. Those need adjustments as well.
    • Up x 1
  11. AdmiralArcher

you mean something like this?

[IMG]

in case you are wondering, there is kinda a reason why they didnt make a RL look like that.....
    • Up x 1
  12. xArchAngelx

Well..it doesnt have to look exactly like that...but similar.
  13. Tuco

• Up x 1
  14. AdmiralArcher

anything resembling that screams Halo copyright infringement......sorry bro
  15. xArchAngelx

Well..they could just take the fracture weapon and put a shoulder rest on the back end. Instead of looking exactly like the Halo weapon, use the Fracture graphic instead. You know what I mean?
  16. AdmiralArcher

spinning shoulder mounted rocket launcher=halo

sorry bro....no way around this one
  17. xArchAngelx

Sure there is. As long as they don't look exactly the same, they can perform the same.

Just take the bottom part of the Striker:
    [IMG]

Add it to the bottom part of the Fracture:
    [IMG]

Non-Halo gun. Then if Halo tries to make an argument, SOE can just say that the Striker is just a should mounted version of another weapon. You cannot copy aesthetics, but no one has copy rights of rocket launchers

i.e. Ravens and the Phoenix.
  18. AdmiralArcher

look, dont get me wrong, i love the idea behind the design you want, i wanted the same thing too, the magazine just takes up too much screen space for me......but the fracture with a shoulder mount would look like the original halo RL

the idea is to not alienate the players from using it because its a copy of something from another game.

also, the current striker model is unique, and id rather save a potential model like this for a new kind of ESRL if they ever come