Striker range needs to be reduced

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Moltke, Apr 18, 2013.

1. LT_Latency

Fly down, The rockets will go into the ground.
    Fly up, The can't lock on if you are really really high

AA max is WAY WAY better then the striker vs air
  2. Moltke

sure, except that the 2 mossies on your tail never have to do that...

Except, that you actually have a CD on AA max/skyguard and you have to go to a terminal to get it out.
    almost every heavy assault on the TR side can pull out an anti-air/ground auto-lock launcher anytime its needed, its not like the other two factions where we have to actually go to a terminal and take time to choose the weapon or pull a max with a CD... striker is way too versatile. You really don't need any other launcher. You can grab a dumbfire rocket launcher, but the majority of TR really don't see the point when they can lock-fire and forget about it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Naithe

I assume the fact that the striker can not hit ANYTHING but vehicles or air is of no importance?

GU7 they altered so all lock on weapons do not work against strikers.

infact TR has nothing against Turrets, since dumbfires are extremely hard to hit with at long range. =(
  4. Dervishkid

ya how about we fix the strikers Really bad missile guide system, and the lock on/o dmg bugs on air and ground targets, then we can worry about buff/nerfs

but as it stands all the whines from people who scream nerf the strikers are not watching what the rest of the pilots have learned.

fly down, rockets hit dirt.
    go air spirals rockets go well nuts and like hit the ground or just fly off,
    stay 501 M above ground,
    pop flares, LOLpod the poor guy trying to use a striker. carry on with day.

i use a striker and this is what i seen happen and everyday more and more NC and VS fig it out. before long the striker will be worthless.
    on the other hand. lets talk about Phoenix rockets from a spawnroom taking out Sunder/ams with no way to counter, ya we can move it 300m away but then you lose ground on travel time from spawn to base. but i don't seem to see many Nerf calls for that.

VS should be insulted thou. no one even called for a Lancer nerf. do they even use it?
    • Up x 2
  5. Laurentiuss

I've seen lately a nice Striker squad: in the north of indar approx 10 HA with strikers galdroped on one of this long high pipes. They covered their assault at mao tech plant. The HA got a great field of view on the pipe and could shoot everything between the north indar warpgate and mao. It took some time, till we figured out were all this red rockets come from. It was almost impossible to kill them with a esf or lib, due they could hit you the moment you leave the warpgate shields (yes, lot of my vanu fellows tried it the direct way and failed). In the end some of them were taken out by snipers and some redeployed. They have done their job, and I think they had a blast.

Pls no nerf for the striker. I want well equipped enemy, not cotton balls hitting me. thx for reading, and sry for the poor english.
  6. Bennybones

If the Strikers missile guidance was good, then yes, maybe we could discuss nerfing other aspects of the striker. However, currently, the strikes is useless in most situations. I actually prefer my dumbfire 8 out of 10 times. The striker's guiding system means that even the slightest obstacle will stop the rocket. It also means that if you're a tank or esf you just need to direct your craft towards nearby cover and the rockets will hit that. Not to mention get a lock on. I'm pretty sure there's a bug as sometimes it takes up towards 10 seconds to get a lock on despite the view being clear. However, even when that doesn't happen, people, grass, birds, invisible ghosts and a multitude of other things will get in the way and you will not be able to lock on. The striker also can't fire if you're too close, it seems, making it worse as well. And of course, can't hit turrets anymore, making its utility even crappier. The 1-2 second lock on that's always required has led to more deaths than running in front of enemy sundies have for me. If the tank is within 100-200m there's a very good chance that lock on period is what will kill you. The striker is an updated version of the annihilator and is only truly useful when you've got about 500m+ unobstructed view in all directions. It's also killer in teams, but all rocket launchers are killer in teams.

I promise you, if you're dying to the Striker it's not the Striker that's good, it's you who isn't paying attention or are caught in the open.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nexus2151

On the forums everything is working under perfect conditions.
    In game tracking is ok mostly until the pilot maneuvers behind an obstruction, lock-on timer can be too long to hit your target and with the free rain of sniper's in this game will often lead to you get sniped.
    ESF's are op they have been for a very long time now the only thing that stops this is the nature of ESF pilots which is mostly to lone wolf. So far on my server no one has put up a organised air wing consistently I've been in a fight with 6 working in semi coordination they made it impossible to do anything other than take cover thankfully we managed to cap the pit and spawn bursters which drove them off. Later we encountered the same pilots again at staggered intervals but this time they were soloing so easy targets for us. The important thing of note here is a lone wolf is not a threat to an "Organised Squad" and the striker is only useful in this context.
  8. X3Killjaeden

It explodes on contact with spawnroom doors. It can't be fired through anymore.
  9. Moltke

I used to run air squads for my outfit, but we don't run them anymore because the TR striker has changed the game so much.

However the game hasn't changed for TR air but has actually gotten better for them, so that's why you see so much tr air now.
    • Up x 3
  10. Fumblewatt

Striker works as intended, area denial for all vehicles, and as moltke mentioned above, mossies can continue to fly through the air lolpodding the opposition, while scythes and reavers cant effectivly help the ground assault out, due to the striker spam.
    • Up x 1
  11. Metallic123

I like having 65% hit accuracy with my LOCK ON launcher striker.
    • Up x 1
  12. Moltke

Sucks that every TR heavy can scare away all enemy air contacts and since there's so many heavies that one non-tr air unit can have multiple locks by multiple players and if they already have used their flares then they're as good as dead since there is so much tr air due to the striker, so if they run to avoid the locks they die to the ton of tr air that is now free to chase them
  13. mindbomb

doesnt the striker have standard lock on range?
  14. NoctD

^ Stupidest most OP POS in the game right there... Bursters.

I can fire Flares vs. Strikers, go in for a run and get a kill before I have to run away. With Bursters, they already are hitting you before you are even in Striker lock-on range, and you HAVE to disengage if you want to be prudent and live.
    • Up x 1
  15. loleator

This. locks on do ZERO (0) damage to pilots with more than 3 braincells. use flares, lolpod, then afterburn past the terrain. congrats, you have recieved zero damage
  16. CptFirelord

400m
  17. lilleAllan

I hope this doesn't hurt your feelings...

but we weren't trying to lolpod you as we don't care about some worthless, random HA... We were trying to actually have fun by engaging in a dogfight vs a mosquito - something that is now a pain in the neck since all the guy have to do is seek airspace withing 400 m of one infantry dude to give himself a considerable advantage.
  18. xXSmokeXx

So? The other day I was trying to shoot a light assault dude with my LMG when a sniper shot me. Does that makes sniper rifles overpowered? No. That's what they do. Do I like that Magriders can strafe, or that Phoenix can "snipe" with their rockets? No. But that's what they do, they have their strengths and weaknesses, just like Striker does (plus damn bugs).
    As a striker user, all I can say to anyone who complains about liberators being held at bay with Strikers, that's the only thing we have. Those guys can sit at flight ceiling, immune to any ground based attacks, and bombard bases and spawn points with impunity. It is only fair that if they want to get closer for a better shot, they get shot at in turn.

As for ESFs, it has been said before - good pilots I can barely scratch. Bad ones I could shoot down with my LMG, so the Striker just expedites the process. So quit complaining and learn to fly.
  19. Moltke

your arguments are just..... herp

So what about the other factions, what do they do about the liberators they dont have strikers so how do they hold the libs and mossies at bay...

do you realize that the striker exacerbates the amount of TR air further shrinking the number of NC and VS aircraft

so how do the other factions counter the large amount of TR air, when they cant even have a dog fight with all the TR lolpodders due to all the strikers on the ground?
  20. Darkard

With Bursters and Annihilators and the Air to Ground lock-on every faction has?

So shoot them down with your own AA weapons, like Bursters and Annihilators and the Air to Ground lock-on every faction has?

I don't know, maybe they use Bursters and Annihilators and the Air to Ground lock-on every faction has?

Oh but I see now, you want to have Air to Air fights yeah?
    Well I want to to have tank slug-fests out in the tundra of Esamir but I keep getting Phoenix sniped from behind a hill I cant shoot over.
    As a TR I don't have any missiles I can shoot over a hill with my heavy, unlike the NC and VS who get the Annihilator. Which is basically a Striker.