Striker and vulcan need nerfs

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Moltke, Aug 4, 2013.

1. teks

The vulcan needs to be tuned. Yes.
    Strikers are getting a balance pass next update. they are fine vs vehicles IMHO its against air thats the problem.

The best way to come about this would have been to explain what needs to be tuned, and offer solutions. The reason this is against regulations is because it just turns into an exchange of insults, and I often get caught up in them too, but at the same time I sympathize because its extremely frustrating to be instantly melted by a vulcan.
  2. teks

Speaking of getting caught up. Please tell me how you back away from a harasser? Because all the lightnings getting ripped to shreads in ~5 seconds would love to know the secret.
  3. Joe_da_cro

really... if you are a solo lightening you deserve to die. but every faction specific have a very similar ttk the vulcan is just more forgiving. a lightening can move just as fast as a harasser so you should be able to keep the distance. if you get jumped by any factions harasser as a solo lightening you are dead.

the lightening is designed as a support tank which has speed. the harasser is designed as a multi user platform to be able to pick off soft targets. if you have a problem with harassers its because you are considered a soft target depending on the harasser load out.

its easy to get killed by something and think its op ive been killed by all faction specific secondaries and at times thought omg how did he do this and that its op etc etc. but you dont see me writing threads that they are OP because i use my head and think all of them are about the same with certain strengths and weaknesses. if you play to your strengths you will prevail. but if you let your enemy drag you to their strength don't cry when you loose
  4. teks

MBTs lightnings and sunderers are soft targets these days. interesting.

Lightning is slower then a harasser

We had 5 lightnings go against a vulcan harasser, and it just murdered us.

We had an MBT but he was murdered too.

We should play by our strengths and just go somewhere else, or pull our own harassers. In fact. Everyone should. What point is a tank?

While we're at it we should all be TR harassers.

I'm sorry I deserve to die for playing something not completely OP
  5. Joe_da_cro

if you were outplayed by one single harasser with 5 lightnings and a mbt it is possible there is a problem between the keyboard and chair. i wish i could say something else but that's all there is. or the only other possibility you are grossly exaggerating because you were called out and make up a story to so others will back up your claims of something being op.

you pick which is correct there.

sunderers are soft targets if left alon with just infantry.

mbts are cake for any harasser too. though vanguards are the hardest to combat because of shields.
    • Up x 2
  6. teks

Yeah, I got a video of it. It happens most harassers are terrible drivers, but the good ones really show off how ridiculous all of its combined inherent abilities are. I'll post us chasing him down tomorrow. We knew it was a bad idea, but we wanted to see just how bad it was. It was terribly bad. Lightnings are near helpless. the general idea of the counter system in planetside is that you should stand a chance if the skill gap is high enough. A tank can shoot down an ESF. A liberator can kill an ESF. A Lightning can kill an MBT. An infantry can kill a tank. etc etc etc.

heres an actual constructive thread I started on the subject https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/rethink-harasser-weapons.147446/
    At the bottom of page 1 is a rundown of harasser vs MBT vs lightning to explain in detail the reason why people are reaching ridiculous kill streaks, and why this is unfair to the tanks.
  7. Joe_da_cro

well its not a vulcan issue then its a tanks need a buff against harassers. which is not what the topic is about but agree that all tanks need a buff against all harassers.

but till then i stand by my comments earlier. haraser vs mbt = harasse win harasser vs lightening harraser win. though lightenings can beat harassers. so can mbts. they just cant expect to sit still while a harasser pounds them to the ground with any av type secondary
  8. teks

I'm not sure what you mean.
    Lightnings can't beat harassers. they just can't. They can help, so can any infantry with a gun. A skyguard can as well if its lucky, which is just silly.
    I don't know what you mean by sitting still. Tanks don't have stabilized turrets. We can't shoot on the run, and the vulcan can't be dodged anyway, AND the harasser is the fastest vehicle in the game. What? What does a tank do other then sit there and die? I normally jump out and try to place mines on him, and have greater odds of success.

Here is what I do all day in a solo lightning, and I don't see why I deserve to die, or how this is wrong. Its just a raw clip of a portion of my night messing with the NC. I thought I should try to record it a little. Fast forward a couple minutes I didn't edit it, and it took me some time watching the enemy to see how I was going to go about messing with them. In the end I just had to ram all those infantry. it was worth it.

When they completely replace your vehicle you certed with something else that does the exact same thing except its better in every single regard I'd like to see how you feel about the subject.
  9. Joe_da_cro

you killed a haraser during your clip.

just remember a lightening and mbt you are one person doing so much damage yet a haraser needs 2 or they loose. so you think you as one person deserve to win outright. also haraser weapons are not stabilized also meaning they are at the same disadvantage as you. just fight them on somewhat level ground and if you know where you are moving so your gun is stable you will stand a chance.

i dunno what you are expecting really. As i said the tank do need a buff against the harasers but its not like its broken atm. if mbts and lightening were made to operate as a harasser meaning one drives and the other shoots them these vehicles would be just as powerful if not even more so.
  10. teks

it was a 1/3 harasser. I don't know what he was doing. Heh in the middle theres a vanguard. The gunner was on top repairing, and I killed him. Thought I killed the vanguard. a shame.

If you go to the other thread I explained why that logic isn't very sound.

In short. They have two people, and thus should win because the two people are doing their jobs, however, if the driver is just sitting there while the gunner is shooting there is no reason why he should win anymore. especially at 300 resources in a hit-and-run vehicle.
    the advantage of two people is in the people themselves rather then a mechanical advantage in the vehicle. A two-man lightning would perform much better then a 1 man lightning, and be able to take on any lightning if they could do so. Having two people is the advantage in itself

Gunner weapons are stabilized, or at least they are as far as this game goes.

Currently as it is SOE could have saved a lot of time just buffing the lightning rather then replace it with something better.

And let me stress this again. A lightning can not go shot for shot with a harasser. The best case is the harasser backs off for repairs, and comes back 10 seconds later. There is no winning.
  11. Linus

You know it is never too late to explore Esamir and Indar, because the high spots with a great view exist, the infiltrators could tell you.
    If you find that using a lock on rocket launcher is dangerous, then I can do nothing to help you.
  12. Posse

The Vulcan on MBTs is fine, the problem is the Vulcan-H, it has a great sinergy with the Harrasser because of its speed that makes it MUCH better than its VS/NC counterparts.
  13. Mxiter

Some TTK trials in training room.

Vulcan-H:
    Harassers: ~=5.2sec TTK.
    Lightning (front): ~=12.2sec TTK.
    Sunderer: ~=15.7sec TTK.
    MBT (front): ~=15.5sec TTK.

Saron-H:
    Harassers: ~=6.17sec TTK.
    Lightning (front): ~=15sec TTK.
    Sunderer: ~=14.3sec TTK.
    MBT (front): ~=19.6sec TTK.

Enforcer-H:
    Harassers: ~=6sec TTK.
    Lightning (front): ~=16.74sec TTK.
    Sunderer: ~=14.9sec TTK.
    MBT (front): ~=19.55sec TTK.

The mag size upgrade level 2 or 3 (i'm not sure) reduce the MBT and Sunderers TTK by around 2 sec (1 less reload) to put them TTK respectively at 13.2 and 13.5 sec with the maxxed mag size.

It kills much faster isolate than others AV secondaries but is definitely useless agaisnt a group of vehicles .
  14. Shiaari

Uhhh, the Lancer does not just have "Unique" uses. It has the fastest muzzle velocity in the game at maximum charge. You're more likely to overshoot a target than undershoot.

Literally: Point and shoot. You can hit any vehicle you can see. Not hard to use at all, useful in every situation, even against air with a little practice.
  15. Goolloom

Title mentions Striker and Vulcan
    Whining about only the Striker (As usual)
  16. LenaQuin

High places usually would be on top of some mountains or at cliffs. Against aircraft you are sitting there without much cover. Even vehicles down there will notice you after the first lock on shot, making any further shots difficult/risky since you are very visible.
    How about you give me a specific location where i have cover against vehicles and aircrafts AND having free sight in every direction? It isnt possible since cover WILL limit your sight.

So how about you explain how it is "no risk easy mode" firing lock ons while you sit in your tank oneshotting infantry left and right without even used a lock on launcher yourself?

Infiltrators dont have to stand still for ~5 seconds aiming and shooting, infiltrators can watch their surroundings while aiming/shooting, infiltrators can cloak, infiltrators doesnt stand out that much while firing.
    Comparing the infiltrator playstyle with lock ons isnt possible.
  17. anchorman

The vulcan does need slower rpm or less damage one took down a anti armor turret I was using in about 5 seconds , nothing else comes close to that time.
  18. Moltke

you are in dream world, TR air rules because any other competition from other esf is eliminated in big battles due to all the strikers on the ground... the weapon is so overpowered its just so blatant... its unreal, fly around a bunch for two weeks and you will realize the irritation and how much that dang weapon wears on you.

and if you try to defend harrasers with vulcans your in another world..... that weapon on a harraser is just wrong, its so easy to hit moving targets with it. not to mention moving aircraft and infantry! these two weapons are so broken i cant believe sony has let it go on this long
  19. LenaQuin

So what exactly makes Strikers op?
    "All the Strikers on the Ground": If there are that many lock ons it doesnt matter what kind of lock on it is. If you are stupid enough to stay in lock on range without flares being ready you deserve to die in big battles.
  20. Moltke

But mossies get to stay in the air all day, and they can chase their targets over enemy territory, no one else can unless you want to die to every heavy on the ground that pulls out his striker whenever he feels like it