Striker and vulcan need nerfs

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Moltke, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Moltke

since vulcan harrasers own all other vehicles....

Every Heavy carries a striker and if you fly over TR battles with a lib and you're in the 3rd seat you will have the wonderful experience of watching your impending doom as 30+ red missiles fly through the air to kill you, not to mention all the mossies that ARE always in the air since they have such great ground support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unbelievable that this weapon is still allowed to be the way it is!

it is overused! and horribly abused!

The other faction specific launchers are situational, but no, not the striker! its like the majority of TR heavies carry it around just for everyday UNIVERSAL use and then use their other launchers for certain situations! which is COMPLETELY REVERSE of all the other factions! how does this even make sense! why is sony allowing this crap to continue! its mindblowing!
    • Up x 6
  2. Telono

You know, starting another thread to whine about the Striker wont help, especially since your 3 or so other threads about it didnt do a thing.
  3. Moltke

its a problem and its broken why should i stop? my arguments make sense its not like im babbling...
  4. Advent1s

It is balanced in the same way that the Lancer is balanced.

The more of them there are, the worse time the enemy is going to have.

The Phoenix is mild mostly, but has it's moments.
    • Up x 1
  5. Moltke

The other faction specific launchers are situational, but no, not the striker! its like the majority of TR heavies carry it around just for everyday UNIVERSAL use and then use their other launchers for certain situations! which is COMPLETELY REVERSE of all the other factions!
    • Up x 1
  6. Bulltahr

HHHmmmmmmmmmmmm I don't see too many guys carrying them when we are assaulting. It's more a defensive tool.
    It's been nerfed pretty heavily IMHO, considering we had to buy the thing.
  7. Moltke

you obviously dont fly or tank against TR as VS or NC cuz its fricking obvious to everyone else but the herps that use it!
    • Up x 1
  8. Sossen

It's bugged and frankly the Phoenix has some quite unique uses that no other rocket launcher can match. It's just the weak annihilator that makes the Striker look good.
  9. Moltke

exactly the phx has UNIQUE uses, the lancer has UNIQUE uses, the striker does not and should be revamped or removed and replaced with something UNIQUE
    • Up x 2
  10. Sossen

It is unique - no other lock on launcher is as powerful if you have a lot of time to spare. It's also fast-firing with a big magazine, in keeping with the TR style. The Annihilator is not "the same weapon but worse", it's similar and has similar uses. Slightly narrower area of expertise, since you often have the time to fire all five rockets from the Striker, but the Annihilator hits hard and requires but a short window of time in comparison. That being said, it's obviously lacking the oomph and could use a buff - the Striker isn't OP just because its analogue is UP.

I'm dishing out as much hurt with my Phoenix as with my Striker, it kills MAXes at range like no other - and I am having a lot of fun doing it. Might need a range buff though, but other than that it's fine. The Striker is bugged but even if it wasn't people would still complain because people in the air vehicles are the biggest whiners ever.
    • Up x 2
  11. Moltke

The other faction specific launchers are situational, but no, not the striker! its like the majority of TR heavies carry it around just for everyday UNIVERSAL use and then use their other launchers for certain situations! which is COMPLETELY REVERSE of all the other factions!
  12. Sossen

Now I know you are a troll.

Nothing is as situational as a lock on launcher that has to fire five rockets - with a painstakingly low RPM - to get full damage. It's worthless against MAXes. The Lancer is way more versatile and the Phoenix, while bad in CQC, brings a whole new dimension of versatility with the ability to be "invisible" while killing tanks.
    • Up x 1
  13. Pikachu

Strikers needs a revamp. Become laser guided.
    • Up x 4
  14. Ruar

As one of the HA users that doesn't use the Striker I too would love to see a change. I hate the lockon mechanic without the option of dumbfire, the difficulty get a lock to stick, the difficulty of getting a lock to stay uninterupted, and the inability to lock onto a MAX. Too many drawbacks for the ability to scare aircraft with a lock message.

So please, get the Striker turned into something I can use all of the time and not just when I'm firing from an elevated position with clear fields of fire and no friendly troops running in front of me.
    • Up x 3
  15. Moltke

you are delusional
  16. -Synapse-

17. Steelblade

Striker is a very situational weapon, I can't do crap with my striker with a vehicle that is right infront of my face. Plus the Striker doesn't even work 100% of the time, half the time when I shoot off a couple rockets, half my mag goes into the ground or takes a 90 degree turn into a wall when there is a vehicle right infront of me. Most of the time I carry around my decimator and pull out my striker to harass air targets. Rarely do I get kills with just using my striker, my target must be damaged OR very in-experienced for me to get a straight up kill with one.
  18. deggy

I have noticed that the Striker is a lot more widely used than any other faction's ESRL. I think it's a function of versatility (and the fact that forum whines make it sound REALLY GOOD to people who haven't used it). It's a little too effective at very long ranges since tanks don't render infantry at those ranges, but the same applies to the Lancer.

I have to say that there is not a single weapon in the game that I hate more, though. When I die to a Striker I feel like the person that killed me didn't deserve it.
    • Up x 4
  19. Steelblade

No way man, I feel the same way when a ZOE kills me...
  20. deggy

I at least feel like a ZOE has to aim his shots. The Striker is not dependent at ALL on player skill. Once that lock is acquired, they've done their damage.
    • Up x 1