Stream up!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SKYeXile, Dec 11, 2012.

1. SKYeXile

Come watch fail.

Thanks for Naj for helping me setup the stream.
    • Up x 3
  2. NoXousX

I don't watch hackers stream. Sorry.
    loooooooooooooolllllllllll
    • Up x 2
  3. Faction

4. Naj

Sky has pretty bad third world internet but I think we figured out a pretty stable setup for him. I ended up having him stream at a very low resolution and bitrate but with almost zero compression due to him having a computer that is complete overkill for PS2. This shifted the majority of the load onto his hardware instead of his internet connection which is generally the bottleneck for streamers.

It looks pretty good imo, even running at 30fps!
  5. bPostal

His stream looks better than my game and he's got more fps.
    That's the final straw, time to upgrade the toaster
  6. Brutus

makes me sad you in VR, I think you killed me last night and i was like wwwwwttttttffffffffff BR77?
  7. Naj

It's a shame PS2 is so poorly optimized. Lots of people have hardware that should be more than enough for what this game throws on your screen but eh. If you throw enough money at this game it ends up looking great.
  8. bPostal

True, but it's going to be a while before this game is optimized enough for me to get decent fps in large scale fights with dual 5570's.
  9. SKYeXile

yea its running pretty well
  10. stormy9

You aren't very good at aiming, even when considering the low fps
  11. SKYeXile

Obviously you don't need it though to rackup 100 kill per hour and a good K/D.

Welcome to modern shooters,
    • Up x 1
  12. SKYeXile

Fixed the FPS issue, thought i would get by on one card, but ran into some issues with that later in the night and turned off the god awful open mic...yea sorry about that my mic is kinda sensitive and my keyboard is alittle loud...

but done for tonight.
  13. Liquid23

DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!!!

it would be bad
  14. Tecnotronics

I clicked on it hon, and I saw you using the Pulsar LSW but only landed 2 to 3 of your shots on flanked opponents (reloaded at 71/75 ammo). Maybe camera shy or something, as not many people stream, not many people stream PS2, and not many people at all stream from Australia. Keep at it!

I think maybe you should try and get a hold of that recoil kick, so you can land the second shot consistently on the LSW! Perhaps a Flare long range + LSW on your loadout when you are into it, and SVA-88 when you expect to live forever at all ranges as infantry! And stop cheating!
  15. psychobilly

I missed the stream... but how do you get all those kills? AOE spam? Just curious.
  16. gunshooter

Mind posting the settings you had him use? I've always had similar issues with upload speed being the bottleneck for my ability to stream and always failed badly at adjusting settings to compensate for Australian internet without the stream being unwatchable grainy.
  17. Naj

He's running FFsplit. (http://www.ffsplit.com/)

His settings ended up being:
    640x400 (Twitch only supports 16:9 resolutions, but streaming at a 16:10 resolution will provide smaller black bars as he plays at 16:10)
    800 Bitrate
    "Medium" quality (which is poorly labeled, this is 10%~ compression)
    30 FPS
    96 Kbps, Stereo Audio.
    Aero fanciness disabled.

All this using FFsplit overlay tracking PS2 in a borderless window.

The very minor compression put a lot of work on his hardware, but his upstream was less than 1MB/minute. His normal upstream is 1Mb/s so this setup gives him a bit of leeway when his network starts to slow down during AU primetimes.
  18. AzK

Ps2 is running fine for me, even when streaming, but the performance (regardless of stream) deteriorates like crazy over time, and my pc is complete overkill for the game too.

Optimization = lol.
  19. gunshooter

That's pretty awesome. Pretty sure my PC could handle this too, thanks <3
  20. SKYeXile

ill start the stream up later gotta goto the doctor first, major sore throat(its hard work getting unbanned) nothing over a yellow ATM on briggs anyway.

this is the connection, probably the best it will get, but its gonna die in prime, it was only 40mb down at 4pm upload seems kinda consistent though.

[IMG]