Strange lag issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jaxxx, Jan 16, 2014.

1. timboslice

I also have the same problem ceres EU even playing it in a gaming internet café seems to have it happen a couple of minutes in playing then suddenly starts lagging I can use terminals revive but my hits don't register at all thought I was just having a bad day then realized when I shot a tank 4 times point blank range with a missile launcher something is wrong this is a major problem soe....
  2. Elite

Could be an overheated cpu. I had to reseat my cooler and it fixed an extremely similar issue
  3. SuicideAssyst

Same Issue warping all over..massive lag..month or two ago everything was perfect..never saw lag...now I cant hardly play.
  4. DanishCookie

Are you even reading this thread? We've already established that this problem is due to network issues with Verizon FioS, maybe Comcast, on Waterson and Matterson for US East users. There's 11 pages about this, and you add an unnecessary bit about coolers and CPUs?
    Please read the entire thread, you're only serving to confuse the devs even more, and gods know there's enough people confusing them with outliers and non-related info already. Not trying to be an *******, just...being an *******.
  5. AssaultPig

I've read most of the thread and it doesn't seem like much of anything has been established

I'm neither a comcast or a verizon customer nor am I in new jersey, and am not seeing the same problematic hop that lots of people reported a couple weeks ago in the traces I've run.

This is happening again on indar/waterson right now, btw: 2/7, roughly 10:00 eastern

ed: pretty much unplayable for me at this point, even in relatively low-traffic areas
  6. MySupremacy

I'm from UK and I experience the issue, I connect trough planetside.com account. It becomes unplayable sometimes even after 5 min, it's happens gradually. First I see people lagging here and than and then after few min I can't kill anyone.
  7. SlayerrB

Just checking in..

Cablevision user
    Central NJ
    Waterson Server

I was playing fine up to a couple of weeks ago (don't play every day, so I don't know the exact date). It seems to coincide with the an update from SOE though.
  8. Saval

I haven't had any issues since Feb 7th. The lag issue, for me, seems to have been fixed...for now, thank you.
  9. DanishCookie

Well, since about a week ago I haven't had any problems either. Though, with this latest weekly patch...don't know if it will come back to haunt us. Guess time will tell.
  10. AbuYahya

Back for me, was fine for a while. Seems to be after a day or two it sorts itself out and becomes playable then comes back a week or two later. Oh well Arma 3 it is until then
  11. Murderer

It seemed ok for me for a little bit as well, this last patch messed it up again.
  12. UltimateDrive

its back... god damn you Sony.
    wasting my half year of heroic boost, fk you Sony
  13. baconboltz

I'm also getting this as well I'm a Verizon user in New York and this only started yesterday for me.
  14. Warcasket

There is another thread on this, it's a synchronization issue that is completely unrelated to your ISP. It's the game. I live in Kentucky, I have a pretty good ISP, great connection, great speed, my PC is a God to be worshiped. There is another thread on this that indicates SOE is aware of this bug and furthermore, it has been a problem in the past, was fixed, now apparently has showed it's ugly face again.
  15. panik

Erie, PA. Verizon Internet. Never had the problem until last patch plus my Audio is garbage as well.
  16. Calzin

Ya I remember this bug rather well, I stopped playing for over a year because of it and now when I come back it has as well.
  17. Eliasen

Possible solution that has worked for me, but I have only tested it for one day so far.

I logged into my router and changed the DNS address away from my ISP and set it to googles which is
    8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 This seems to have fix the crazy lag warping and people running in the sky.

There are other DNS address out there so if you dont want to use googles just do a search for opendns.

hope this helps
  18. Bambasti

I'm sorry to say this but you got most likely a placebo-effect.

The DNS-servers only take effect when an Internet-address needs to be translated into the servers corresponding IP-number where it's hosted, like www.google.com becoming 173.194.70.147 (you may give it a try and insert it into you browser and you'll see how Google opens, without contacting a DNS-server).

The client of Planetside2 is already talking directly to any IP of its servers, so there's no need for a translation via the DNS-system and any changes done here will have no effect.

Also a DNS-call is made only once at the beginning of the connection, as soon as and as long as the destination-IP is known there's no need to do it again, so logically there can't anything go wrong during playing because all is done and won't be repeated, even if the DNS would be used.
  19. Awwe

well i am having this issue as well also in new york but with time warner not fios, also not happening in any other games/programs. Anyone figure out a fix after all this time?
  20. Hemanth Reddy

I am having the same problem. I am from India. I have downloaded PS2 recently. For almost 1 month I have no issues. Recently I got the same problem as you got, Can anyone say solution. Please reply.