Strange Graphical Error.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Moz, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Moz

Hello everyone,

I have a strange graphical error that i cannot seem to find anything listed about anywhere else, I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue and has managed to fix it.

My issue is that i simply cannot see certain things in the world, these things are all the same sort of thing (transparent textures), this list includes:

The screens on vehicle, aircraft, weapon and warp gate terminals.
    The force fields on spawn doors (can see the logos just not the fields).
    The force field on the heavy assault class (very annoying as this is my fav class).
    The force field around spawn points.

I also have an issue with water and glass in air vehicles not looking as it should (lots and lots of very tiny dots).

I do not believe this is a hardware realted issue (all other games work fine), all my drivers are up to date and my system spec is as follows:

I7
    Asus Sabertooth
    24Gb RAM
    Asus HD6970
    2xSSD in RAID0

I can provide more deatils, a DXDiag or some screens if required (will have to wait till i am home from work though. :)

Really hope you guys can help me out here as I am stuck, or even just point me in the correct direction if this is a known issue.

Cheers all,

[Rez] Moz
  2. helloworldy

Same problem here. Could be server-side thing. No reason for client to just corrupt like that. So, we'll see, but you're not alone.
  3. manfromh

Have you tried validating game assets?
  4. Moz

@Manfromh, what do you mean by validating assets? And how would I go about doing it? EDIT: This is a function built into the launcher?

@ Helloworldy, glad I'm not alone, what harware are you using? ATI GPU?
  5. Moz

OK so i tried validating my game files and it said all was good, still no change ingame though. :(

Anyone any more ideas?
  6. CardboardSword

I have the exact same issue. 7970 here. Have no idea how to resolve it. I also can't play on medium settings because basically every single texture fails to load. In menu my avatar is see through and in game all I see is the hud overlay and the sky. High works fine minus this bizarre issue and meh performance.