Story Thread

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Dartyus, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Dartyus

How about some Infiltrator stories? Get a kill that you feel particularly proud about? Maybe something showed you an overwhelming flaw in the class? Perhaps you've been at the receiving end of a Bolt Driver shot, or managed to catch a cloaker by surprise as another class? Here is the place to share it.

We can all talk about the class in theory, but when it comes to knowing what to change in the class the only thing that matters is what happens in-game. A case study could help SOE figure out what's wrong with the Infiltrator, what's right, and what might be a little overpowered. Other than that, it can just be a place for entertainment, argument, and discussion about the infiltrator class.

Good or bad, feel free to share any interesting stories of your time at either end of the knife. Be as constructive as you can and keep flaming to acceptable levels.
  2. Calaerin

I had a blast yesterday, positioning myself above an enemy base, with a lot of movement space for several different overwatch positions. Now this base (on Amerish, directly east of the easternmost techplant) was being tossed between TR and NC over and over, so I would wait until the base was captured and everyones guard went down a bit. then I just opened up on ppl at the vehicle terminal, cap point, sundies, etc.

Headshots galore with my LA80, hellz yeah.

This other time (in Beta) I helped conquer a base, and while everyone was mopping up remnants of TR, I saw this one medic run quite far away in the open. I aimed my Bolt Driver a ways up, as to compensate for the extreme distance (almost out of rendering distance, back when this meant something) and while I was thinking "Meh, **** it, lets hope for the best" I pulled the trigger, watched the bullet sail away in the distance, and hit the poor bastard right in the head. My roommate came checking on me, thinking I'd gone mad with all the cheering I was doing.

Best. Shot. Ever.
  3. SJ_Wolf

be infiltrator
    killing elmos at Hvar
    hiding in a space next to a rock just cloaked
    elmo heavy **** runs past looking right at me
    comes back
    leaves
    comes back
    leaves
    comes back and hoists his rocket launcher up to his dumb elmo face
    decloak, he ignore the sound
    place a bolt through the back of his head at 10 meters.
    alpha as ****
  4. SquirrelWizard

I was playing on Esamir with the new XM98 I just got. Was having mixed results with learning to compensate for bullet drop (need to find a vid to help me read the dots better) when I was hoofing it between two bases. Periodically I take cover and scope to survey the landscape and on one occasion I see a TR light assault fighting with two other infantry in the distance. He was out gunned and did the typical thing that LA likes to do and fly up into the air. Since I'm watching this through my scope, I figured I'd take a shot at him. I gauged his flight pattern and aimed where he was going, hoping for a body shot. When I pull the trigger I not only get the kill, but manage to head shot him in mid air. It was a combined moment of "Oh yeah! I'm a badass," and "Well crap... that didn't help me learn how to aim."

Overwhelming flaw in the class? Two stories there.

Esamir again. We were assaulting a Tech Plant (I'm not 100% sure on this, it was one of the bigger facilities though). I'm setting up in the outlying hills to see if I can help clear off the walls as the current entrances were death traps of guns and tanks. If only an infiltrator could climb a wall or jet pack to subvert the front door... but I digress. Anyways, I'm keeping out of sight by putting hills and rocks between me and the wall as much as possible. When I get to a point where I feel like I can start sweeping the wall I cloak, wait for the cloak to engage, crest the hill, crouch, and start looking for targets. About two seconds later I take a shot to the head from another infiltrator, with the damage coming from one of the nearby towers. I was a good 100-200 meters out and apparently I'm still highly visible.

Second, on Esamir, (this kind of thing happens everywhere I go but the stories that stick with me are from Esamir for some reason.) I was scouting away from the walls of a facility there. TR was pouring in out of the north west, and I was trying to find out where, and if possible give someone a terminal migraine. So I'm hunkered down behind a rock waiting for my cloak to regen, when a prowler pulls up on the other side and starts shelling our people. I relay the location of the tank to my squad, but we didn't have anybody in a Scythe to fly out and blow it up. So I'm sitting here for about a minute keeping this guy lit up and thinking to myself, "Gee... I really wish I had something like all that C4 they doll out to the other troops. I should probably talk and/or kill someone in Requisitions about this."
  5. Executioner Smough

Three engineers at Bio Lab chokepoint. All shooting outward with their turrets. Infiltrate from behind, knife one in the back. Other two keeps on their turrets. Knife the next one in the back. Still nothing. Knife the last one. Dance in victoy.
  6. m44v

The flaws with the class are the cloak and the lack of anti-vehicle weapon, I don't feel the lack of CQC as a problem since knife and pistol work for me.

Yes you're pretty visible. I have sniped my fairly share of cloaked infiltrators that way.
  7. Bape

Did a drop pod on enemy base and landed right under the air terminal in the bio lab where i am perfectly place where all the infantry were and i was perfectly hidden :D had 26 headshot before my ammo ran out then i jumped down and headshot 1 with my rebel and knifed one before they noticed i was there.
  8. Thanatar

drop pod on enemy base, shot down friendly mosquito in the progress of landing. :-(

some time ago, an enemy heavy got a jump on me, while i was sniping. turned around and pulled the trigger in panic. no scope ohk to the head. poor heavy. :-(
  9. notyourbuddy

Once upon a time I was standing still while cloaked. Then someone shot me in the face. The end.
  10. TheCF

Yesterday I had a pretty good moment. Nothing too special, but it was getting late and I decided do to one last attempt to capture a base. It was a base on our, TRs, border and just beside a bio-lab. I get over there and no one's there. So I sit down in a corner and begin capturing, yay. Oh look, a friend coming my way! Followed by an... enemy MAX. Welp.
    The MAX kills my friend and fired at me, but I manage to cloak and run around a corner before I die. I run into a nearby house, while the MAX stands to tug back the base. So I sit in the door opening and decide to fire three shots on the MAX... whom naturally get angry. I also haven't got any suppressor, so I'm really visible on the mini map. I run up one floor and jump out of the window... onto a 1ft ledge. I crouch and cloak. The MAX doesn't find me, and as he runs back to the base capture point I run down and do the whole thing again. And the MAX... simply gives up and goes away, while I remain and capture the base and see my friends beginning to spawn.
    And that's how I wrestled a base from a MAX by harassing.
  11. Nismu

well on my last session i was in enemy base sneaking around and hacked one of their vehicle terminal and was going to other one when i saw enemy coming and cloaked my self quickly to hide. but seemed he didn't notice me so i uncloaked and aimed him but he teleported into tank so couldn't do anything so cloaked again and went behind wall to wait him to leave.. but i think at that moment he noticed hacked terminal and started to shoot around.. Well i was in safe place so took time to recharge my cloak before getting out, surely he would soon get bored and leave. Nope. He stayed there several minutes driving around building and trying to shoot the area. It was pretty hilarious to watch from safe distance :)
  12. LuftWaffleSS

Last night on Indar (Genudine server), myself and a friend were providing sniper support in defense of The Stronghold against a TR/VS attack. There were so many targets, and we had only 15 minutes before the server was going down for maintenance.

After I was killed by an LA and made my way back to the position I was at, I came across a team of 3 elmos sitting there shooting down on the barneys below. I had my friend get in position while I walked up behind them and threw a grenade. The nade killed one and heavily damaged another, who went down with a single pistol shot. I obviously need more practice with the pistol, because I had to reload with the last guy advancing into my face. My friend killed him just before I was going to die.

They, of course, came back and killed us.

I made my way back there one more time. They were set up in the same spot and I sniped one of them. The other two twirl around and immediately come for me. I cloaked and quickly got out of their way. They grouped around where I fired the shot from and I caught one of them standing still. The others fanned out and advanced on my position (I was pretty close to them). I cloak and head in a direction off to the side towards them. I observed as they made their way past me, probably expecting me to have fled away from them. I head back to where they were originally set up and saw their third member there in the usual position. Everyone was booted from the server several seconds after that guy died.

Another time, I got up on a rock pillar next to Crossroads Watchtower and found a group of 6 barney snipers standing on the side of the hill below. They died as quickly as I could fire. The last one had a chance to see all the dead bodies around him. That made me laugh like crazy.

I've also had a few occasions in which an enemy sniper and I fired at each other at the same time. So far, I've been the victor in those duels.
    • Up x 1
  13. Vindiana Jones

There was a big fight going on last night in one of the larger bases (I can't remember what it was, but it had a vehicle bay on the ground level). In the middle of the chaos, I cloaked up and sprinted my *** inside of their vehicle building. I took some collateral damage on the way in, but wasn't explicitly targeted and killed, luckily. I got lost in the mess. I looked for the safest spot in the middle of about 50 players, and ran to a corner before my cloak wore off, through a bunch of people in the process. In this particular corner, there was one of the enemy's teleport pod things. Parked directly in front of it was a sunderer. I could barely squeeze in, but once there I parked myself in the pod beam and could see about two feet on each side between the sunderer and each wall.

There were countless guys standing next to this thing on both sides. I just kept aiming for the head and notching kill after kill, succeeding in achieving my biggest kill streak yet with absolutely no effort whatsoever. Literally not one person noticed me there, 5 feet away from them, shooting everyone in the face. I think I was up around 20+ kills before I finally ran out of ammo in both my rifle and my pistol, lept out in a knifing rampage, and killed one more guy before I was brutally murdered. The entire event only lasted about 2 minutes.

It was a fluke, but damn was it entertaining.