Stop.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexanor, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Alexanor

Seriously, the fact that rocket launchers are OHK is the stupidest thing. HA have LMGs, shotguns, etc. for a reason. Nothing irritates the sh*t out of me more than a random lolrocket fired from nowhere, or a HA playing peek-a-boo and getting lucky. It happens too often.

Rockets are for VEHICLES, not infantry.
    • Up x 3
  2. Excretus Maximus

Yeah, because a missile to the face shouldn't kill you.

Right.
    • Up x 19
  3. Pikachu

Shooting rockets on people is fun. Arbitrary unneeded damage multipliers is not fun. I wouldn't mind though if rocket shooters changed from being a tool to a primary weapon.
    • Up x 4
  4. Lady Majestica

I'll make sure to spend more time camping on that ammo pack :)
  5. Alexanor

This isn't an argument about realism. You can make the same OHK realism argument about just about anything in this game.
  6. TheFullCologne

deal with it.
    • Up x 1
  7. freeze

I fully agree with the OP.

it annoys me in every single ******* game.
    the fact that it's mostly some random BR 1-10 who decided that it's too much of a pita to actually aim with their weapons doesn't make it any better.

but I don't see it being changed.
    I like that the splash damage is pretty small. but the rockets still OHK...

and everyone who brings in realism: it's a ******* video game and you sir lack skill if you have to use a RL to get your kills.
    • Up x 2
  8. Bhoot

Sorry vehicles can camp infantry but when infantry get a chance to fight back you don't like it? I could Be very rude but I will say it nicely OP go away

As a heavy assault you basically have to decide infantry or vehicle, if its infantry then so be it, no more op than maxes and I can guarantee maxes kill me far more than HA rocket launchers. So lets get rid of maxes aswell if that the case.
  9. Syrathin

Maybe you should Google anti personnel rockets, They're quite popular in Israel unfortunately. :(

Addendum: If we're ignoring realism then well this is a game and I'm going to use whatever I've got to get the job done like it or not... I don't like LA's dropping C4 on me in bases but that's the nature of the beast.
    • Up x 2
  10. PS2Freak

deal with it. are you soldier or .... soft...
  11. Alexanor

I'm not saying anything about rockets in regards to vehicles. The ONLY thing I'm stating here is that rockets should not OHK infantry. They should still deal their full damage, maybe even more, to vehicles. How can you argue against it? The only class that even gets rockets is fully equipped x10 to combat infantry with their shields/LMGs. The whole reason they even have rockets to begin with is so they CAN combat vehicles.,
  12. Alexanor

Again, you are arguing realism, which you cannot do in this case. I'm speaking strictly from a balance perspective. Also, I haven't seen a single argument in here yet as to why they should OHK infantry. "Deal with it" is not an argument.
  13. Liewec123

rockets only one shot on direct hits, they're slow and only 1 will get fired before you gun down the shooter.
    my only issue with rocket launchers is that they can set off explosives that are around, and if your defending it usually means there are a fair few allied bouncing betties around
  14. SadButTrue

15. Goretzu

Firstly.

Secondly, it's really not that bad, 9 times out of 10 if you're being 1 shot by a infantry portable rocket it's your own fault.
  16. Haterade

Incidentally, I only really have this problem against VS.

It's annoying, but it's one of those things you have to deal with. It's not going to change (nor should it).
  17. DreamlessLiberty

Rockets have a muzzle velocity of 115 for the stock rocket launcher and 60 for the decimator and take over 4 seconds to reload and can hold 1 rocket in its magazine. The VS auto shotgun with slugs has some 240 muzzle velocity with no bullet drop and can 3HK you(OHK with head shot I believe) and can hold 10 slugs in its magazine and if you reload with 1 slug left you reload faster.
  18. Alexanor

I disagree. 1 out of 10 times it's your own fault. It's the opponent that dumbfires from a mile away that you can't even see/might not be in your LoS/etc. that gets that lucky shot. At least, that's how it is for me, and that's why it annoys the crap out of me.

And so far, Leiwec123 is the only person on this thread that has provided a reasonable debate.
  19. LordMondando

I'm guessing you recently got killed by a rocket launcher?

Its designed to damage tank armor, it will **** you up.
  20. JonnyBeanTown

A. Some people like a form of 'realism' in video games
    B. Its a rocket.
    C. Its fun to OHK people.
    D. All of the above