STOP Latice!!! or give us a server without one.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jbkappirossi, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Tasp

So your opinion is worth more because you are special and you don't have enough friends to downvote things on the roadmap?

Makes sense..... SOE should make a game for the quiet(or in this case super Vocal) minority. Because that minority knows what's good for the game, not the 2K+ people who disagree with them.

Catering to the small minority, wow, it's genius, so that's what makes a game profitable!

I hope SOE takes your suggestion to heart and begins to only listen to people with the solid credentials of 900+ hours of game time. Because that totally makes you a better customer and a more knowledgeable person than us Plebs, right?
  2. Jrv

10/10
  3. Ash87

Pro-hex folks, please just Read and support people like these two. They are presenting good ideas that could help you out, and are getting next to no attention:

Kitsunami
    Hoki

These are interesting ideas that have been largely ignored, and open up the lattice again, which will solve many people's problems.
  4. r1stormrider

sig worthy

also i still find it hilarious that the minority would choose a system that PUNISHES conflict instead of rewarding it. if you defend a base in hex, you are punished by losing territory. why fight that huge zerg in that base? why have open field combat? there's no reason to do so with hex. its a failed system.
  5. Spookydodger

They will never do the extra work it would take to make a lattice / non-lattice server.

Blizzard has had LOTS of people clamoring for a Vanilla WOW server, but only the modding community has tried to do so.
  6. deggy

Basically what I'm saying is that there are facilities that SHOULD be linked that aren't. Facilities that are right next to each other with no noticeable obstacles between them, but they're not connected because there's no road.
  7. skeeter1337

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. deggy

I like this idea. A lot. They'd have to be a little more frequent than Alerts are, and maybe eventually players could get a way to create them for a short time (at high cost, of course).
  9. Leer

Just like all the Anti-Hex people didn't whine until the Lemming System came into place? The Game is one Big Zerg now. There was a time when people avoided the Zerg. Today's strategy is Zerg to point X from all the points and surround it. Wait until the defenders see the "larger" numbers and move to a new location. then we Zerg on to the next point.
    • Up x 2
  10. Ash87

The support people who are trying to improve your situation by pushing options that give you a greater range of options. See my signature, very bottom line.

Honestly, that will get you somewhere faster than arguing about this until both sides turn to stone.
  11. ZEPLN

One more time.
  12. PhiladelphiaCollins

If that's how it works on your server, I feel bad for your server.
  13. Purg

Hex on Briggs, Indar.

50% of the userbase pointlessly grinding over the Crown, the faction that holds it typically getting warpgated. For the rest of us who loathe the Crown, could go 30 minutes and maybe shoot at 10 people. Rejoice and envy for the person who actually scores the kill. Boring.

Lattice on Briggs, Indar.

Actual fighting for bases and large defenses of bases, battles between bases, battle tactics, FUN!
    • Up x 2
  14. Vermana

Lattice is better than Hex. Shut the hell up all of you.

If you haven't noticed, with Hex, the entire game was a Ghostcapping fest. It was difficult to find the front lines as people were spread out all over the map. More often than not there wasn't even a front line at all. The game consisted of grinding at the Crown and Biolabs, and Capping empty bases to "Flank", which was hardly a tactic at all.

THERE IS MORE THAN ONE LATTICE LINE ON INDAR, KIDDIES.

If you don't want to fight a massive battle, go down one of the other routes and fight there.

Sorry you skill-less "flanking" outfits can't cap empty bases all day long anymore. I guess you actually have to play the game now.
  15. maxkeiser

Good post. I think the game has definitely taken a major wrong turn with the last few updates. And, as you say, it looks like roughly one third of the community are not happy.
  16. Leer

Connery nightly from about 6:00pm to 11:00pm. Not targeted at you PhiladelphiaCollins just a reference if anyone wanted to comment or even validate what I've commented on. Lately I've been playing VS, they are often the lowest population.
  17. PhiladelphiaCollins

I play on NC Connery and I have never felt compelled to join any "Zerg groups" and still find plenty of perimeter action, last night I was there trading spots with VS near the bio lab at Rust Mesa and Crimson Bluff...I didn't bother going to the biolab because Future Crew were busy dicking it up with VS MAX's. But never part of a Zerg, most of the operations were with my squad and a few other squads at most.

The closest that came to any "zerg" movement was further north at NS Offices and Howling Pass. But there was still action at Galaxy Solar, Palisade and East Canyon.
  18. Silkensmooth

Wow this is such an ignorant statement. The best way to make a game is to allow freedom of choice. Sometimes its fun to get together with a buncha people and take over bases. Sometimes its fun to fly around in a plane. Sometimes its fun to drive around on a stealthed flash. Sometimes it was fun to take a small base to provoke a fight, or just to help your empire secure territory.

A good game has room for many diverse playstyles. Trying to tell people that there is only one way to play is nothing but ignorant.
    • Up x 2
  19. PhiladelphiaCollins

Continuing to make obtuse comments about how lattice forces "only one way to play" as being some sort of pro-hex rallying call is equally ignorant.
    • Up x 2
  20. Schwak

You vanu clowns don't want latice because now you can't ghost cap all day