[Suggestion] "Stop Firing" V-key voice prompt.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stormsinger, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Stormsinger

I see quite a few threads complaining about oblivious players running through the line of fire, and yet there's no way for your character to request that they stop to pass through. My idea is simple, allow players to use a voice prompt which basically says, "Stop firing, I need to get through!" ... with in-game voice / proxy being as quirky as they are, and most players ignoring text, this would be a very convenient addition.

At the very least, people that run in front of active weapons would no longer have an excuse for not speaking up first. :p
    • Up x 1
  2. DorianOmega

"Hold Fire" "Open Fire" "Go,Go,Go!" "incoming!" call outs for players to tell medics to revive dead teamates, callouts for other players to repair and being able to fake callout reloading or throwing a grenade are all in need of being added to the game,
  3. Exonis

We need the PlanetSide 1 Voice system... ...So much many commands yet made so simple...
  4. M4gn1

Yes. But more if you are in a stealth vehicle and those nubs start shooting.
  5. AssaultSugar

lol this reminded me of saving private ryan the part where everyone is just spraying at the Germans in the trench and the Guy is Like

"cut it out!"
    "Cut it out!"
    "CEASE FIRE!"
  6. -Synapse-

There's a lot of work to be done on the voice macro system. Right now it is just barely functional for even the most basic communication. It's pushed to the background and ignored by the devs because it doesn't directly affect your ability to shoot things, but is a major component for proper team play and micro coordination.

+1 to bring more attention to this, it'd be nice to have a way to let people know you need to pass in front of the firing line, along with a complementary "Down in front!" for the times when the situation is reversed.