Stop Continent 3am Ghost Caps

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CptFirelord, Jun 15, 2013.

1. CptFirelord

It's getting out of hand SOE, it really is. Seeing all your hard work thrown away when you arrive at 6 in the morning because the "clean up platoons" of the other faction ghost cap everything at night. Either fix ghost capping (no suggestion with this, just whining) or something else.. idk. But it's getting ridiculous.
  2. Dingus148

If they don't cap during primetime, who really cares? They're losers with nothing better to do, you're actually playing the game and will have 1000x more fun. Everyone knows you don't get bragging rights for a 3am cap.
    • Up x 1
  3. haldolium

I think continent capture bonuses are entirely obsolete anyways and should just be removed completely.
    • Up x 1
  4. HannaDest

This will be dealt with.
    • Up x 1
  5. HannaDest

After the resource prize tag increasement its quite the opposite hun.
    • Up x 1
  6. haldolium

Not with the still ignored pop imbalance issues. It's a ridiculous award to simply the faction with the highest population.
    • Up x 1
  7. HannaDest

These awards dont go "simply" to the faction with the highest population.
    If you have a situation like this on say Esamir

30% VS
    32% NC
    38% TR

The TR does not get autovictory.
    Dont be hysteric.
  8. haldolium

whatever man I am not going to discuss that with such an individual like you are, you're just a provoking little kid all over the place around here.
  9. HannaDest

No problem. But please dont hide your lack of comprehension behind your anger. You can if you want. I am sure.
    • Up x 1
  10. Marinealver

Yeah I remember the small skirmishes during non peak hours back in Planetside 1. Still same thing happens in Planetside 2, but lets make a couple of things clear.
    1. Planetside is a persistent game. Means while you have to end it to go to sleep, work, school, ect (as you should being a responsible person) the battle keep going on. Ask soldiers who were deployed to Iraq/Afganistan how much sleep they got while over there. Answer would be not much and there would be up for 48 hours and may have a couple of hour breaks for a nap. 0130 wake up for post or just got back to the wire at 0330 and now it is time for the after action brief, it don't matter war don't stop until all parties call it off.
    2. Not everyone has the same schedule as you! Some people may be in a different time zone. Some people may be working graveyard shift and midnight is when they get off of work. Some people may work Friday through Tuesday, so as you log off at 8pm Tuesday night they will still be up because it is their weekend.
    Now I know the complaints and understand the frustration. Show lets take a real look at cause and effect before you go crying about people without lives ruining your game.

• Planetside 2 bases are way easier to capture, so easy many people don't bother defending. Thus that is why every time you log on you will see the map change. And yes it only take a handful a few hours of uncontested play to blitz through undefended territories. Now with the lattice that may slow thing down a bit but not much.

• Planetside 2 only has 3 continents and none of them are lockable. Not in the sense that Planetside 1 was. Every empire has a stronghold on every continent. Now those are basically the sanctuary split up and divided among warpgates but it also means that at any time any empire can flood a continent that they choose.

• Planetside 2 has NO automated defenses. Planetside 1 used to have more with the spitfire turrets and he mines that could be placed. Also these deployable used to stay in play after the player moved to a different continent or logged. Instead the kill would go to the individual deployable instead of the player who placed them there. It made for ghosting an unoccupied base hard and if there were allot of CE then it could take an hour just to get pass all of it as you try not to set off a hotspot. However after a patch that autodecon all deployables after 15 mins logging or switching continents it became much easier for lone gunman to ghost bases. Also interlink benefits gave base turrets automatic targeting against MAXs and vehicles and Aircraft but left infantry and certain vehicles (mossie/harasser) alone. They didn't do much, and everyone got a laugh when they see biolab in the killspam (meaning someone died to an auto turret). However it did allow for people to disembark from their vehicles further away from the walls.

Now here are some sugestions. Redo the base capturing system. Bring back the REK for all non max and remove the tug of war with a contested countdown (yeah more like Planetside 1) However you can add in some things like certain base objectives add an LLU (capture the Flag) system or a tug of war-king of the hill system to speed up capturing but the current system is just too easy to capture making harder for defenders to resecure.

Also add in automated defenses, Yeah I know Planetside is all about the PvP but adding in PvE would be alright as long as it is player controlled PvE. Have the players place defences or activate automated turrets to defend bases as they go to attack or just to beef up defenses as they are outnumbered.

Last add in more continents and remove strongholds with neutral warpgates. Give the empires back their sanctuaries, be it a capital city that spans a continent or a space station in orbit somewhere. They need to make a return!
    • Up x 2
  11. Phazaar

Yeah, because if you don't play between 6pm and 11pm, you shouldn't be allowed to achieve anything at all... Jesus guys, how difficult is it to understand that different people live in different time zones, have different jobs, lifestyles, commitments. Why should someone have less to achieve than you do? They're already going to have less fun because there's less to shoot at. Does it really matter if Amerish is red or blue when you wake up? Time to take it back again!! If you see this as 'work', well I suggest you get a job and stop doing all this unpaid 'work' you're clearly not enjoying...
    • Up x 7
  12. ent|ty

So you logged out, and left the bases undefended, and you're upset that the enemy came and snatched them back in your sleep?

LOL. just LOL.
    • Up x 3
  13. insane2170

Make faction alts to soak up that 3am 10k crap.
  14. 13lackCats

A game: "all that hard work"

I tripped out on these people in WW2OL, and I do here too.

However...maybe we can cut lattice lines in the wee-hours (aka prime time for people that you don't even think about) so that everyone is directed into the same battle that we were directed into last night. Too boot, let's put a shell over it, and make it infantry only.

We shall call it...Quake 1
  15. Nocturnal7x

Yup, right after the pop imbalance issues...LOL
  16. IronWarrior

What OP?

You want to ban players from playing a game when you not playing?
  17. CptFirelord

Not at all. I just think there should be something that resets all cont locks every X amount of days/weeks or w/e, or stop these ghost caps entirely. Nowhere did I say I wanted these people banned.
    Oh, I realize they're still spineless losers who should really start moving out of mummies basement, but it's still quite annoying to see all that time put in to a good cont lock during prime time to see it rendered meaningless to the "3AM ATRA Ghost Squad"
  18. CptFirelord

Right, I would like something more PS1-esque implemented to make capturing bases a lot harder, maybe even bring back those vehicles that you needed to supply power to the station (can't put my finger on the name). I also realize that people play during different "on" hours, but when you're online at 3am, and the pop is 93% VS, 4% TR, and 3% NC, there's a problem.
    • Up x 1
  19. SClaw

Long and short... damn the lag, they should have had world servers and not regional ones. You'd have prime time all the time.
  20. Marinealver

NTU, They were called NTUs They were represented by a percentage (%) number in the description.

[IMG]
    (Disclaimer not a Planetside screenshot)
    How much was 1%. Well kind hard to tell but basically 1 full ANT would fill an empty base to 100%.
    [IMG]
    You used to fill them up at warpgates and then take them to the silo seen in this picture. However the ANT runs used to be allot more dangerous. Still are as anyone can hack a gun tower and have the turrets auto shoot you as you go near them when on the road. Also ANT runs used to be more dangerous before the autodecon of deployables. I remember on time driving an ANT to a base that wasn't critical but around 50%. Ran into a mine field with a spitfire turrets on both sides shooting at me . I was abelt to clear the spits and avoid another mine field getting off the road but ANT was nearly trashed. Had to repair it. Also a full ANT used to be a truck bomb. You could blow one up and have the blast radius of a small orbital strike.
    • Up x 1