Stop C4 being a grenade

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Multispastic, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Multispastic

Please stop this cheese....it ruins the game.
    Its bad enough that every class nearly has it (why???) and having a remote controlled super grenade just ruins a lot of things.
  2. Halkesh

Devs are already trying to fix it. Go test it on PTS.
    If, like me, you think their fix won't resolve the situation, then propose something to help resolve the problem.
  3. TR5L4Y3R

imo HA doesn´t need c4

medic needs a nadelauncher and AV grenades then you can consider removing it

should be nerfed against infantry

so the only classes that should have access to it are engineer and LA
  4. Fishpoke

C4 is out of control. It is WAAAY too strong for what it costs. In PS1 you had to stack multiple C4 if you wanted to pop an MBT. buggies were instagib IIRC. BFRs were... well BFRs. (can we have them back now? it was amusing hotswap beamering a BFR down with a squad) the easy at which c4 kills any and everything for just a the low price of 75 supply means there is NO limit on pulling it for members, even nonmembers get a healthy supply of it.

It makes people not want to pull armor when things get busy... the more crowded a fight becomes the more apparent the imbalances in this game make themselves known. 450 supply should not be 1 shotted by 75 supply being wielded by a tiny target who can fly if they want.

Vehicles need to be revisited entirely, but to start c4 needs to be toned WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down. Infantry in general needs to be toned DOWN. This is not battlefield and if you try to compete with them or CoD you are going to fail as a game. THIS IS PLANETSIDE! Treat it as such, new devs.

C4 damage needs to come down and supply cost doubled, the radius can be increased a bit.

Flak damage needs to be reduced, increased ease of use (ie: you don't need to be dead accurate for flak to explode)

Vehicle HP across the boards needs MAJOR increases, aircraft included. AV / AA auto launchers need their damage toned down by at least 1/3rd its current value. Faction based AV / AA needs to be buffed so that is the preferred ground soldiers rocket slot.

Redeploy needs a 2-5 minute cooldown, factions need lock out timers again.

Cert rates need to be buffed across the board, its not fun going "jesus christ it's goign to take YEARS to get even a 1/3rd of what I feel I need to be effective" even with a memembership its slooooow going.

Make the game FUN, not profitable. It'll be more profitable int eh long run that way. Or you know, just let the investment die like it is. *shrug*

AND SOMEONE. EXPLAIN.

Why a stock galaxy is more nimble, has 4 times the HP, and costs the same supply while having more firepower and overall effective range of attack... than the "bomber" fighter aka lib? Drop the supply cost on the lib to 350, 300 for ESF and 200 for valk. Galaxy was orignally supposed to be the transport vehicle (you can also bail from a galaxy safely unlike a lib) and lib was supposed to be HEAVY firepower. It's a joke. Remember the utter desctruction a well timed carpet bombing run with clusters could do in a base fight in planetside 1?

I want a bomber plane again, not a freakin wanna-be gunship when theres already a flying sundy / transport / gunship for the same cost. My god. Talk about biased development

"yeah this suits MY playstyle so it must be balanced" ...

How things are supposed to work:
    Infantry; dominates in a base fight
    Vehicles; dominates the field outside a base fight while infantry supports

How it works now:
    Infantry: dominates everything, even while footzerging
    Vehicles: provides certs for infantry upon death